9

The past

Athy and Lucas chatted as they walked in the valley filled with flowers. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. It was that very day that they proclaimed their love to each other. Athy had always yearned for love,having to only receive from Lily and the other maids. She lost hope for her father's love long ago. Lucas never understood what love is and why it was so important to others. Until he met her. His heart beats louder and faster when he's with her. He felt happy when she is happy. He's sad when she is sad. He felt emotions he never experienced before.

Their wedding was simple. Signed at the church with no one to congratulate them except for the priests. They were happy nonetheless. The young couple travelled for a while before settling down. They were still travelling when Athy was pregnant with their first chiild.

They were overjoyed when she finally gave birth. Arius. A name given to honor the blood running through his veins. Okay, she didn't really want to honor that so called precious royal blood. She just wants him to live a long and fulfilling life. Athy was indeed devastated when her own father wanted to kill her, but she can't deny the blood they share. She hated it. She was leaving her past self behind. But she hopes the name she gives could help her child live longer.

When Arius was three, it was announced that the empire would witness the birth of the next heir. A baby girl was born and a celebration was held. At that time, Arius didn't understand why his parents —especially his mother — had a peculiar, somewhat bitter look on her face. Years later he finally understood.

By the time she got pregnant with her second child, Lucas found the perfect home for their family. They settled down immediately. They formed good relationships with local villagers as well as the nobles in charge.

Madame Halsey's family was a Marquis house seeing over their territory where Lucas and Athy lived. She enjoyed visiting her territory, having casual walks in the village, all under the pretext of an 'inspection'. She looked like she's a middle aged woman, but to tell the truth, she's much older. Madame Halsey manages her territory very well. Her son always tells her to just rest at home but she doesn't give a care on what he says. She's delighted to teach village girls a thing or two about etiquette and hobbies. Mainly, she teaches them embroidery. Attheia was one of those girls as well. Madame Halsey,being a strict teacher, was the only one who could tame the wild girl. Attheia was never one to sit still, being a rough girl running around and jumping here and there. It was a miracle to see her on a chair quietly embroidering. Secretly, she actually liked it.
Madame Halsey is also the only one who knew of Athy's secret. She has seen her once, and that was enough to remember the princess forever. The princess' beautiful face was engraved in the woman's head. How could she forget such a pretty girl? Princess Athanasia was not able to go out, so not many have seen her. Even during her debutante, she was overshadowed by her —at that time— newly introduced sister.

Now the real question is how did Madame Halsey not get affected by Lucas' magic? Lucas casted a spell to change Athy's appearance slightly. No one would recognise an outcast princess anyway. Little did they know that Madame Halsey had a special item passed down from previous generations, which she always carries. Thus answers the above question.
It was a relief that Madame Halsey had no interest in such troubling affairs. She chose to ignore the fact that Princess Athanasia didn't die and acted normally. She definitely did not want to get tangled in that mess.

Life was peaceful for dear Athanasia. She still feels anxious at times but her family is always there to comfort her. The blonde woman wishes life would be peaceful like this forever. But the wheel is always spinning. Sometimes you are at the top, and sometimes at the bottom.
**

The present

As promised, Oriella reached out to Arius using the scroll. Ink appeared, it started to form words and slowly constructing sentences.

'Follow these instructions and you'll be transported to a place where we'll meet.'

Arius read through the rest and left it on his table. He went out of his room and into the kitchen, helping mother to set up the table. He made a mental note to eat a lot. He was confident that it was going to be a long night.

........................

** Please tell me if you understand the thing about the wheel.

I am so so sorry for not updating. I got busy. Hope you guys would understand :)
I will stop updating for a while btw. And I am really curious on what u guys think about the flow of the story so far!
Ignore mistakes English is not my first language.

Comment and vote!