extra 2 : mask

Attheia

Tris, that would be her alias for tonight. A masquerade ball seems exciting, and Empress Attheia is indeed excited. She's tired from all the heavy load of being an empress, but she enjoys it nonetheless. Thus she decides that for one night only, she'll be someone else.

She even used magic to change the colour of her eyes. Red like rubies; a carbon copy of her father. Her dress were made from the finest cloth, crafted by most skilled tailor. Sleeveless, with a sweetheart neckline and long skirt draped over her waist. Attheia normally wears outfits that are less revealing. But tonight, for tonight, she let loose. Of course, we can't forget her mask decorated with exceptional details.

Throughout the night, she interacted with various people, acting coy and cunning so to grab their attention. She danced with different men, giving each one a chance.

...

Attheia retreated to a balcony where she can have some private space. Her feet were getting sore from dancing too much. It might be naive, but she was actually hoping to find her other half. Being 22, the ministers are pushing her to get married. Her brother already has 3 children!

She became alarmed when the door clicked and opened. A young man in his 20s walked in but froze when he saw Attheia.

"Ah! My apologies, m'lady. I wanted to get some fresh air but intruded instead." He bowed and proceeded to walk away.

"Wait!" Attheia said. He stopped and waited for her to say something. "It seems every place is occupied. I heard even the lounges are full of people. I don't mind if you stay here with me." She said, smiling and gesturing him to sit.

"How can I dare to do so. I would only be disturbing you." He said. The tips of his ears were getting red. This is entertaining, she thought.

"Please, I insist. Would you care to accompany me on this beautiful night? We could enjoy the stars." She invited him again.

He reluctantly agreed and sat beside her. She started a conversation in which he replied curtly. With a little more coaxing, she managed to get him to speak a lot more.

Even with his mask on Attheia could see how attractive this man is. She wondered what beauty hides behind that mask. His light brown hair and dark black eyes suited him very much.

While she was talking animatedly he suddenly kneeled down. She was surprised to see that he was examining her feet. Most men wouldn't notice the blisters women procure when wearing uncomfortable heels.

"May I treat your feet?"
"S-sure."

He took out a balm from a pocket of his coat and unscrew the cap. He gently massaged Attheia's bruised right foot. He was gentle and very careful.

"My sister made me bring this with me wherever I go. I'm glad it's finally useful." He explained. He looked up to her and smiled. "Come to think of it, I never caught your name."

"I go by Tris."
"You don't look like one though" he raised an eyebrow and smirked.
"Truthfully there is no way am I going to give my real name to a stranger. Besides, I plan to go in disguise for today's ball."
"A disguise huh? Alright I'll olay along your disguise. I'll be Aaron while you are Tris."

He place her shoes neatly on the side and lifted her legs, setting them on the bench. This caused her skirt to be lifted a bit above her ankles.
"Rest your feet here for a bit." He sat beside her stretched out legs.
They were both blushing profusely. Attheia never knew she could get so embarrassed. She was normally cool-headed and calm in any situation. "Thank you..." She mumbled shyly.

It was the that she heard the voice of the most annoying bastard ever. This guy tried to touch her inappropriately and can't take a hint. Worst of all, he was coming to the balcony.