3

His eyes widen when he saw his little sister's tiny figure running off to the end of the street.

"Shit!!-..."

Both Arius and Attheia rushed out of the inn to look for their sister. Tears were streaming down the girl's eyes. They tried searching for 30 minutes but to no avail. What were they going to say to their parents? That they failed as an older sibling to protect their youngest? Arius was getting a headache thinking of all the outcomes that could happen to Lucy. They could only pray and hope for Lucy's safery.

............................................................

Lucy looked around. She had no idea where she was. It was a quiet alleyway beside closed stores. Before she could react, a hand covered her mouth and dragged her somewhere.

Lucy woke up feeling nauseous and dizzy. Looks like those people use some chemicals to make her sleep. She can tell that she was now inside a carriage taking her to who knows where. Her hands and feet were bounded so she couldn't move. She just sat there quietly doing nothing while the vehicle rattled along the bumpy road.

Suddenly, the carriage was forced to stop. Lucy heard people talking then screams outside. She was confused as hell. Was this a good thing or a bad thing ? The little girl pondered for a moment while the grunting and screming outside continued.
The back door of the carriage creaked as it opened. The blonde child heard someone gasp.

"There is only one little girl here. Thank goodness we came on time."

Her hands and feet were unbounded and her ruby eyes could see that there were a few men in uniforms around her. Most likely royal knights.

However, there was a rather peculiar man that caught her eye. His uniform was slightly different from the others with a lot more badges and pins. What really interested her though was his shining golden blonde hair that sparkled in the sunlight.

The guards were asking her a load of questions regarding her wellbeing and her family. She later found out that there originally two older boys in the carriage with her but they managed to escape and thus informed the knights of her whereabouts. Lucy did not respond to any of these interactions. She was getting dizzier by the second. Instead,she was caught staring at the blonde man.

"Aren't you afraid of me?" The man asked. Lucy blinked. Afraid? Why would she be? He was just a kind person who saved her.

Seeing the little girl showing no response, Claude becamed annoyed. He had a dark murderous aura coming out of him. Most kids would shiver or cry in his presence. Interestingly, this meek, weak child in front of him showed no signs of fear. Instead, the child had a look of curiosity.

"Your hair is really pretty. Like mine." Lucy complimented the emperor.
Indeed. Their hair colour matched perfectly. In fact, her features felt strikingly familiar to him.
"Where are you from?"

"Ummm... kal..kali..kalinmenen..."

"Are you playing with me?" Claude asked, clearly furious.

"I don't know how to pronounce it" the girl pouted.

Felix was starting to worry. Who knows what would the emperor do now. He can't possibly hurt a child, right? Just look at her! She's so cute Felix melted everytime he looked.

Luckily, Claude too was somehow bewitched by the cuteness. The little girl in front of him looked so much like a certain someone in his life.

"Come with me." Claude said. It was an order, not a request.
"Where?"
"To the palace. I'll take care of you while we look for your family."

Even though Lucy was still so young, she could tell this weird man might really help her. So she agreed to follow him to the royal palace of Obelia.
Felix couldn't believe his ears. Did the emperor just really invited an unknown girl to the palace? Now he couldn't believe his eyes. Did the tyrant emperor just carried the girl in his arms? They rode together on his horse heading towards the main road.

"Felix, hurry up"
"Y-yes, your majesty!"

Amazing. It was truly an amazing sight.
Felix was smiling the whole way. The emperor started to become soft as he ages. It was a good thing, in fact. Felix never felt more relieved before. Though, it's because he is getting old that he also gets crankier. Good thing his granddaughter knows exactly how to soothe him.

Finally, they arrived at the palace. It was a long ride so Lucy had long fallen asleep. It was no surprise that a small child like her would get tired during the long journey.

Felix smiled happily looking at the emperor who carried the sleeping child in his arms carefully. Noticing this, Claude glared at Felix clearly signaling his death coming at anytime.

Claude instructed the maids and servants to prepare a room and anything else needed for a child.
The quiet palace was filled with whispers and gossip. The cold tyrant emperor brought back a child and personally took care of her.

Different kinds of rumours travelled quickly among the maids snd servants. Eventually, those rumours reached the princess' ears.

"A child?" Oriella asked, closing her book.
"Yes, princess! I heard that his majesty brought back the girl after an inspection. It turns out that his majesty saved her from being sold to slavery," Julia-her maid-replied.
" Some kids who escaped from those nasty slave traders reported that a little girl with blonde hair got kidnapped and was still in danger. So his majesty stopped them just in time."
Oriella pondered for a while. It was something quite strange for Claude to do. No wonder word travels fast.

"It's true, I saw it with my own eyes! He was carrying the girl in his arms when he came back. I have to say, she definitely was very cute. Her features looked quite similar to the emperor's. If she had blue eyes she would pass as a royal," another maid, Winnie, said while bringing her hand to her chin.

Julia smacked her colleague and gave a look. Winnie realised her mistake and quickly apologised.

"I-I am very s-sorry princess! I didn't mean to say that!P-please forgive me!" She pleaded.

Oriella chuckled. "It's alright. I'm fine," she smiled.

Julia and Winnie were both still concerned. Even though she doesn't show it, thay can tell that Oriella is conscious about how she looks as she does not resemble her grandfather except for her jeweled eyes.

They decided to let it go and not worry. She is his descendant. Surely there are no doubts, right?
.............................

I'm starting to get writer's block lol.
Even though this is only the third chapter idk what to write next anymore.  Will try don't worry.

Comment and vote. Thanks