21

"Princess, it's time to wake up"
"Five more minutes..." Oriella groaned.
"You will miss the ball if you sleep in"
"What ball?"
"The Grand Annual Spring Ball. Did you forget?"

Oriella got out of bed immediately. Her eyes wide.

"It's today!? Gosh I forgot! Thanks, Julia."

Multiple maids came in to help her prepare for the ball. They bathed her, massage her abd clothe her. Her makeup was done by professionals and her dress was tailored specially to suit her. Nothing less for a beloved princess.

People began arriving at the main castle. A long line of carriages parked outside. Coachmen drop their masters off by the door and drove away to park as they wait for the party to be over.

Nobles danced, chatted and drank as usual. What wasn't usual was the boy beside Madame Halsey. People began gossiping while glancing over at them. But none was brave enough to ask.

Until the Madame's friend came. "Gloria! How have you been?"
"I've been well, Laura. I'm assuming you are too."
"Of course! Oh, who is this fine gentleman you brought with you?"
"This is an exceptional boy I sponsored to study. His name is Arius," she then turned to Arius and said "Arius, this is a friend of mine, Countess Laura Dulke."

He kissed the back of the Countess' hand as he greeted her. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Countess."

"My, what a polite young man! The pleasure is mine," Countess Dulke is very pleased with this boy. As expected of Madame Halsey, she is quite strict so the students she sponsors are usually very exceptional.

"Everyone is curious with him, Gloria. You have never brought a person other than your family with you. I'm guessing he is a really special person,"

Madame Halsey smiled widely. "I'm glad you could see that. This boy is indeed very special. I brought him here because I thought he would learn a thing or two from the nobility."

"You said your name was Arius?" Countess Dulke asked.

"Yes."

"I'll be sure to remember it," the countess chatted a while longer with the two before she left.

"How's my performance so far?" Arius asked.

"Excellent" the Madame replied. He smirked. She was not generous with compliments.

"Keep it up."
.........................................................

The trumpets were blown.Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked ahead.

"Announcing the arrival of His Majesty, the emperor of Obelia, Claude de Alger Obelia! Escorting Princess Oriella de Alger Obelia! Announcing the arrival of Crown Princess Jennette de Alger Obelia, Escorted by Crown Prince Ijekiel Alpheus!"

Everybody bowed at the royals. Waiting for the emperor's order.
"Rise." Claude said.
And everyone one did. His voice was cold as usual that sent shivers down the spine.

The party began after a speech from him, in which he barely did.

Oriella danced with a few gentlemen who had the courage to ask her for one. Claude's gaze would lead to death after all. Oriella had made her grandfather promise her that she could dance with others peacefully beforehand. So he had no choice but to comply.

She went out to the balcony for a bit to get fresh air. Accompanied by her personal knight.

"Do you think it will go well?" She asked her knight.

"It has to." Chris said.

She stared off into the distance, looking at whatever the moon shined.

"Let's go in. We don't want to miss the show."

................................................................

"Are you having fun, Grandpa?" Oriella asked. She was now beside her grandfather who was seated on his throne.

"You are quite good at making jokes" he said. She smiled and giggled at his remark. In truth, she very anxious. It was hard getting Madame Halsey to agree on this. She hopes everything would go smoothly.

"Glory and blessings to Obelia. I greet His Majesty the emperor and Her Highness the princess."
Oriella watched as a plump lady and a young man bowed to her and her grandfather.

'the show has begun'

"Your Majesty, I, Gloria Halsey, would like to ask for your attention," Madame Halsey started.

"State your business," Claude ordered.

"Pardon me, Your Majesty. Thank you for listening to me. I have made a shocking discovery a few days ago. This child is someone I sponsored due to his talents and wits-"

"Cut to the chase,"
Madame Halsey glanced to Arius and Oriella.

"He is your grandson,"

Gasps and murmurs erupted. All eyes were on the madame as soon as she. greeted the emperor. This was quite the surprise.
Despite all that, Claude remained calm. This was similar with how he knew Jennette was his daughter.
"What is your proof?"

Arius raised his head, showed his blue jeweled eyes and smiled. The guests talked amongst each other, more gossip to come.

"Call the magician," Claude said. "No, I'll do it myself."

Claude could feel Arius' energy and mana, it was clear that he is a royal.
"We will further discuss this. Felix, show them the way," Claude got up and disappeared behind the curtains, Oriella following close behind.

The second step is done.

.........................................

Oof how did i write this in only one night....

Vote and comment