33

Arius recognised that dark purple-almost black- cloak anywhere. It had violet embroidery on the cuffs and hem. There was a visible pattern lining the sleeves if you look hard enough. The colour was just a tad bit lighter than the original fabric of said garment.

Most importantly, it belonged to his sister.

"Theia! Do you know how worried I was?" He hugged her tightly.
"I missed you too, brother. Anyway, I need the emperor's approval to save the world right now. Do me a favour please?"
"Why would you need his approval to save the world??"
"Let me rephrase that. I need his approval to blow up the port and some landscaping."
"I will ask details later. Why emperor specifically?" He asked, massaging his temple.
"Cause he has the highest authority! Mom said the emperor's approval is needed for major things like this as long as he's alive, even a proxy can't do much."

"For what do you need to blow up the port?" Claude said raising his voice.
"To stop your brother from taking over Obelia. He's pretty prepared for that, by the way." Arius rubbed his temple. His sister was talking to the emperor so casually that he worries she will get punished first before saving the world.
"So that bastard is still alive huh" Claude said coldly.
"Yup." Attheia said popping the 'p'. "That bastard nearly killed me and my family and the entire region so you better stamp this document with your seal before the whole country dies."

"....."
Arius could tell what Claude was thinking. 'I just woke up from a coma because a teenage girl is threatening me for approval to destroy one of the most important infrastructures to the country in order to save the world from my apparently not dead brother...'

"Where is Jennette?" Claude said, groaning. Attheia snapped her fingers and the invisible barrier as well as the sound proofing disappeared. Jennette, Oriella and Ijekiel rushed in. Felix came in too.

"Ella! Nice to see you here." Attheia said with a huge grin. "Theia, now is not the time for pleasant greetings." Arius scolded.

"Do you know each other?" Ijekiel asked them. "Hello, I'm Attheia. Arius is my brother." Theia said extending her hand for a shake. More and more questions formed inside Ijekiel's head.

Arius groaned loudly. "Okay, we'll talk about this later. Stamp please." Claude looked at Felix and gave him an order to get it. Minutes later, Felix arrived with a box in his hands. The emperor opened it, taking the goddamn stamp thing.

"Papers." He said. Everyone stood in silence as he skipped all the contents, not bothering to read them, and placed a royal seal on the very last page. He handed it to Theia who was eagerly waiting.

"Thank you. With that, I take my leave."

"Theia, wait- no!" Arius shouted. It was too late. His sister already teleported away.

"Prince Arius, you owe us an explanation." Ijekiel said firmly. Jennette was flustered. She didn't expect him to demand answers right away. Since she already knew where Arius really came from, she wanted to let him open up himself. Oriella was even less surprised since it seems she knew of this mysterious magician.

"Look, I know everything is very hectic right now but let's focus on the emperor's recovery, okay?" Arius spoke. Everyone turned their gazes to Claude who just wanted to go back to sleep.

....................................................................

Arius groaned and spat out a string of heavy curses. Attheia showing up and disappearing as she likes made him look even more suspicious. Ijekiel especially is eyeing his every move.

"I think you could use some dessert." Oriella said holding a tray of chocolate cookies and cake. Theia told her Arius loves sweets- which felt contrasting to his personality considering she heard the string of words from before.