27

Arius told Jennette that he can't tell her anything without Athy's permission. If Jennette wants to know, she has to ask Athanasia herself.

Jennette smiled and thank him. Oriella was relieved nothing bad happened but she was still in shock as it was the first time she heard her mother tell this story.

....................................................................

With the emperor still unconscious, Princess Jennette has to lead the weekly meetings. The corrupt nobles took advantage of her naivety to gain power. Luckily she wasn't fooled. It was something her half-sister taught her.

"There are bad people even among the nobility. They will either show hatred and disgust openly or hide it behind a smile while praising you. The latter is the worst. Because you will never know who is truly on your side or who is not. You have to remember this always, Princess Jennette." Athy said while organizing some papers.

"I see! Wow, you know so much! Thanks for telling me that! Can I call you sister? You can call me that too."

She smiled. "Sure"
"Thank you sister!"

So she jotted down everything in her diary. The problem is, she doesn't know what to do now. The greedy ones are trying so hard to suck up to her that it was starting to get disgusting. Luckily her husband, Ijekiel was there to help. He silenced those who were being ridiculous and always made sure she had a say in the meeting.

However, it was different today. Instead of Crown Princess Jennette and Prince Ijekiel, it was Princess Oriella and Prince Arius who came through the door. The nobles murmured among themselves and was silent immediately after they sat down. Arius was at the end of the long table while Oriella sat on his right.

"Good to see all of you today, ladies and gentlemen. You must be wondering why Prince Arius and I are here instead of my mother and father. They are currently tending to some internal matters so they have sent us here. Since Prince Arius will be our next ruler, it would be a great time to introduce him to the noble family heads who have been participating in the meetings for the sake of the empire." Oriella announced

"O-of course princess!"
"It will b-be a great experience for the prince!"
"What a great idea!"

Look at them shamelessly sucking up to the princess and prince. Of course, there are those who are genuine.

"Thank you for accepting me here. As you know, I entered the palace just recently. I apologize for any shortcomings. Please do guide me while." Arius flashed a smile after saying so. His smile enhanced is handsome face, making him glow even more radiantly.

"Shall we start?" Oriella said. She first introduced everyone to Arius. Then, they continued with the first agenda of the meeting. Felix, who was seated next to Arius on the left, was amazed by the fluid way he speaks and organize things. Arius took control perfectly. Making anyone who doubted him before become baffled.

Arius glanced at the clock and said, "That's enough for today. We will continue next week. Everyone is dismissed."

All of them stood up and bowed to the two royals. Arius walked out first with Oriella trailing behind him. The nobles made their way out after that.

"So, how did I do?" Arius asked.
"You were great! Those stupid pigs were totally shocked. You should've seen the look on their faces. It was so satisfying!" Oriella said enthusiastically.
Arius chuckled at her behavior. It reminds him of his sisters. He misses them so much.

"We will continue attending the meeting as long as grandpapa is still unconscious. I hope he does get better soon but right now it's a good opportunity for you and me," Oriella said.
"Fine by me." Arius replied.

They parted ways to their respective palaces. Arius quietly entered his room and dismissed all his maids.

He froze when he saw a person beside bed situated at the far right of the room. He already dismissed everyone and gave strict orders that no one can come to his room until morning unless it's an emergency. So he has to do things on his own.

Arius pointed a sword at the person's back. He said in a loud intimidating voice, "Who are you? What are you doing here? Put your arms where I can see them. NOW!"

The mysterious person slowly raised their arms in the air and began to turn around very slowly.

"Mom??" He exclaimed.
Athy gave a sheepish smiled and scratch the back of her head. "Eheh. Hi, uh um... I......was just.... looking around?" That sounded more like a question than a statement.

Arius rushed to hug her and scolded her a bit for being reckless.

"I pointed a sword at my own mother! Do you know how dangerous that was??" Arius grabbed her shoulders while scolding. She laughed and told him she would be more careful next time.

"I just miss my baby so much." Athy said while squeezing him into a tight hug. "It looks like you are doing well, Ari."

...........................................................

Athy as a mother missing her only son~

So the nobles are lowkey shook by Arius. Clearly they underestimate him. I lowkey dont know what im going to write next.

Double update since hiatus ;)

Vote and comment!