25

Another normal day began when dawn came and the sun rise slowly. A normal day for Athy and her family. Attheia at school and Lucy at her friend's home celebrating a birthday. With Arius gone, only two people are left in the house.
The two are all alone.
Perfect time for Lucas.

Athy's back met the wall and her hands were sweating nervously. She was trapped in between her husband's arms. Their face close till they could feel each other's warmth.

"Tell me." He said. She turned her head. He stroked her cheek and turned her head back to face him.

"L-lucas..." Her face grew redder and redder. "Alright! We were spying on Arius. Theia's idea. I got persuaded.."

Athy thought that Lucas would let her go now that she told him their whereabouts the other night. But she was wrong.

"You're not telling me everything."

"Sigh, I can't hide anything from you can I?" She pouted slightly.
"Nope"
"Arius is at the palace. He's going to be Emperor." She said slowly.

Lucas let her go and she sprinted to kitchen fuming. Her husband loved to tease her so much that it made her feel upset.

"Why...? You agreed to this?!" Lucas asked, mad.

"He has his reasons and I have mine too!" She slam the table in anger as she said that.

Lucas wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He apologize for making her mad. Lucas was trying to calm Athy down.

"I was just worried, love. You know that I didn't mean to make you mad" he kissed her cheek and she giggled.
"I know. I hope Ari is alright,"

"Don't worry, he has enough guts to take on two tigers and his pride would never accept loss. He'll survive." They laughed at his statement and continue to discuss some things about their kids. Possibly making a new one.
(A/N 👁️👄👁️)
........................................................................

After their meeting at the ball, Arius and Seraphina would 'unintentionally' bump into each other. She would be there to wait for her father and he would be there to wait for her.

'those sneaky lovebirds...' Oriella thought about the couple. Chris would throw up everytime. The poor boy just tired of his lovestruck friend.

The palace became more hectic and lively. The new prince was kind, handsome and humble. Nearly everyone adored him. But there was also chaos due to the increasing concern for the emperor's health. Each day he gets worse headaches than the day before. Crown Princess Jennette summoned doctors from the farthest lands, hoping to find a cure.

This one particular day was absolutely horrible though. Claude fell unconscious. The physicians informed Jennette that they don't know what's happening. She tried priests and magicians but no one could cure the emperor. She was at her wits ends.

"Mother, any progress?" Oriella asked, worry all over her face. She was gasping for breath since she ran straight to the emperor's room after finishing her afternoon class. Arius followed behind shortly after.

Jennette shook her head. She was trying to figure out a way to wake Claude up, and at the same time handling state affairs. She's not good at reviewing documents or leading meetings, unlike her half sister. She admired Athanasia's ability to swiftly handle hard situations. Athanasia, who finished writing stacks of documents in a day, who gave clear instructions, who was kind and humble. Athanasia, who was more suited to lead a country rather than Jennette herself.

If Jennette could turn back time before that ill-fated day, she would do it in a heartbeat. As long as she could change their fate. As long as she were still alive.

But, what about Arius? If Athanasia is dead, then who's child is he? Such thoughts swarmed the brunette's mind. She wasn't as bright, but she could still sense that something is off.

'That magician.....'

Come to think of it, she hasn't seen that magician anywhere since then. Lucas, the great magician who followed Athanasia wherever she goes.

Jennette totally ship those two. Lucas is someone who gets annoyed at everything and everyone but it is a different story with Athanasia. They bicker and make up, look after each other and his gaze is always towards her. Jennette rarely sees the raven haired magician but when she does, it is always with a certain blonde.

'Can it be? It is possible right? Athy.....' Jennette kept on thinking of the possibility. Her thoughts were disrupted when her daughter called her.

"Mother! I kept calling you but you didn't answer. Is everything alright?" Oriella asked.
"Huh? Oh! Um, yes everything is fine." She smiled weakly.

"How about you rest for a bit. I was just inviting Arius for tea. Come join us." Oriella said hoping to brighten up her mother's mood.

"Is that really okay? I don't want to disturb you."
"We would love your company, Your Highness," Arius chirped in. He can't be rude now. Besides, he has questions to ask.

Thus, they walked to the prepared room.

....................................................................

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm going on a hiatus. Probably a really long one. I have an important project coming up and my exams are near. So hope u guys can wait.

I try to finish this quick really. I plan to end this story around Chapter 30 or 35 since I don't wanna disappoint you guys by abandoning it. Please continue to support me. Thanks 💕.

Ignore my many grammar mistakes or typos in this story. Again, English is not my first language.

Vote and comment!