Chapter 8

I finally went back to school on Friday. I tried to convince myself not to go because there's only one more day in the week and there's really no sense in going but I needed to get my mind off of certain things and I needed to tell Cameron and Adrienne about what had happened, considering I completely closed my self off from the world over the past few days, more than usual.

I've spent my week watching horror movies, reading books, sculpting, indulging myself in food, and thinking. About my mom, my friends and family and by that I mean my aunt, and even Graham. Why? Well I have absolutely no idea. I have had a lot of spare time.

I walk into my history class hold my books tightly to my chest. I keep my head down and shuffle to the back. I set through the whole class unable to focus as the teacher babbles on. I hear the bell ring. So I stand up to leave but my name was called and I look up. "Would you stay after class, I need to speak with you." Mr. Wong asks looking hesitant. I didn't do anything this time, I promise.

I stand in front of his desk and he looks around the room waiting for everyone to leave. The last person out is Graham. I didn't even know he was here. Granted I haven't been paying attention to anything. He gave me a confused look as he stopped at the door but I nodded telling him to go. He walked out with that same confused expression on his face.

"Ms. Fode?" Mr. Wong grabs my attention.

"Is this about make up work?" I wonder aloud.

"No," he says beginning to tap his red pen on the desk.

"Are my grades slipping?" I ask nervously. This is history and I suck at history so I'm pretty sure I have a C at the most.

"No, no, nothing like that. You still have the same grade as before," he reassures fidgeting. "Its about your mom."

"Of course it is," I mumble, rolling my eyes, and turning on my heel to exit.

"I was just going to recommend seeing a therapist or talking to someone about it." He rushes and I stop in my tracks. What?

I do not need to see a therapist. I don't even know how he found out, I haven't told anyone yet. I'm so tired of people. Why can't they just mind their own business and leave me alone! It's my moms death, it's my problem not theirs. If this is starting already I'm just going to leave. You do have to come back sometime and it's not going to get any better.

Ugh!

"I don't need a therapist, it's not like I'm crazy or anything." I snap turning to him once again.

"No but it's tough to go through, especially when you're with her when she passed." He said softly, looking at me like I was broken.

"Well aren't I supposes to deal with that?" I say more of a statement than question.

"Yes but sometimes it's easier to talk to someone," he says.

"How would it be easier to talk to someone who doesn't give a crap about your situation." I exasperated, I have to stop showing emotion.

"Just think about it, okay. I even have a card for one of the better ones if you'd like." He tries but it doesn't work.

"No." I say monotonous and walk out the door but I hear him call something.

"If you change your mind I'm here."

I'm not going to. I think to myself as I trudge down the hall.

My second period was literature and when I enter I see Cameron and he seems extremely chipper. He takes a seat beside me and pokes my side. I immediately move away with a hint of a smirk on my lips. He smiles brightly. "Why weren't you here? Ad has been talking my ear off with non-stop complaints," he groaned.