Chapter 18

(Reese's POV)

I just kissed him on the cheek! What was I thinking? I'm so stupid! I watched as he walked away. I looked at the clock and it said it was one. Shit I'm late!

"Where have you been?" Jays voice was low behind me. I spun around and faced him. He was a lot closer than I thought. He grabbed my hips and slammed me against the door. That I just had shut.

"I had to walk. I didn't have a ride. So I'm a little late." I rushed to explain but he didn't want my excuse. He punched me in the jaw right where the other bruise was.

"We need to talk." He growled at me. Gripping my arm as hard as he could, he jerked me to the couch. "What are you doing with that cop?"

"He wanted to know about the crash so he asked a couple of questions." At first. It was the truth, just not the whole truth.

"Okay," he trailed off. Calming down a little. "What about that boy you were with outside?"

"He's just a friend." I replied but his anger had risen again. He slammed his fist on the table causing me to jump.

"A friend that you were sucking face with?" He asked harshly.

"I only kissed him on the cheek!" I defended myself which angered him more. He threw his fist and it connected with my eye. I pushed myself away from him and stumbled to the other side of the room. He followed me and grabbed my throat. With his other hand he pushed his hand on my side.

I scream out in pain from the slice that had re-opened earlier when Holly pushed me. "It's bleeding again is it? Maybe you should tell your boyfriend about it. Oh, or your cop friend." He snarled and threw me to the floor. Grabbing my hair he dragged me up the stairs. He shoved me into the closet and locked the door. "I'll let you out when you learn a lesson."

What lesson was I supposed to learn? I started to cry as I beat on the door. I begged and pleaded for him to let me out. I beat on the door until my knuckles turned bloody. Eventually, I fell asleep. Then I woke up and it seemed like months I was in there.

Suddenly, the door opened and Jay picked me up. "Have you learned your lesson?" He asked holding me by my hair again.

"Yes, sir I'm sorry." I apologized quickly. He gave me a disgusted look and the next thing I knew I was tumbling down the stairs. I hit the bottom and smacked my head off the banister. "Please stop," I cried.

I could taste blood. My lip was split. I tried to pick myself up but I was too weak. He came to the bottom of the stairs and hovered over me. Then, he just walked away. I mustered up all my strength and took myself to the couch. He sat beside me with a knife in his hand. "You're pathetic, at least your fat ass lost some weight. Maybe I should lock you in a closet with no food again. You didn't even make a sound for two days. I was impressed," he said.

"Two days?" I exclaimed. He covers my mouth with his hand.

"Shut up!" He snaps and I whimper. Looking down at my hands and keeping my mouth shut. I don't want to get hit anymore. "You are disgusting. Luckily I won't have to live with you for long." He mumbles to himself. He's right I'll be done with school in a year and then I'll be gone, finally.

I'm slowly becoming lightheaded. He tosses the knife into my hands. "What?" I asked him confused.

"Cut," He demands. I look at him horrified. "Do it!"

"No!" I all but yell. He's face is so close to mine I can see the little stubble on his cheeks.

"I said do it. You're pathetic anyways. No one wants you and no one cares about you. You'd only be making peoples lives easier." He tells me, causing my eyes to tear up.