Chapter 15

The rest of the week had been normal and it's Friday now. Graham has avoided me all week and Brianna just keeps telling me to talk to him.

I open my locker and shove all my books inside heading to science. All I have now is a set of papers. As I walk in the teacher greets me and I take my seat. Graham watches me the whole time.

The dance is tomorrow. I probably won't even go. I know I have a dress and plans with Adrienne and the rest of the group but I'm just not sure anymore. I'll probably just stay in and watch a couple movies. My friends will still have a great time, maybe even better because I'm not there.

"We didn't even work on the assignment." Graham says as soon as I sit down.

"All finished," I responded setting the papers in front of him.

"You did all of it by yourself?" He asked looking through the papers. "This is really good work. I can't take any credit for this."

"You will though. It's fine, it's the last project before the dance. We can work in the next one together." I shrugged and he nodded.

"I'm going to make it up to you," he proclaimed. I nodded to him and looked down to my hands on the table.
I could feel his eyes on me but I tried to ignore them. Even when the teacher was talking or when the others were turning in their work. "So, do you have a date for the dance?" He asked trying to be nonchalant. This made me look at him. Can he read minds?

"I was going to go with Brianna, Adrienne, and Cameron." I answered with a tilt of my head.

"What do you mean was?" He questioned.

"Well, I don't know if I'm going to go now." I said and he sat up straight.

"Why not?" He interrogated.

"I don't know, I just don't want to go as much as I did before." I responded as the teacher walked up to us and asked for our assignment.

I handed her the packet and she accepted it with a smile. "This is excellent." She said skimming through the pages. I smiled back at her and she walked over to the next group.

Soon the class ended and I went to math. Before going to study hall I stopped by my locker, packing everything up and then going to class. I got everything so after class I could just leave. Adrienne met me outside of the school.

"Hey," I said walking up to her and getting in Cams car.

"Hey, you ready for a movie night?" She asked as Cameron took off.

"Yeah, are we staying at your house?" I asked her.

"Yes, then in the morning you, Brianna, and I are going to the mall for our hair. Then, we'll go back to my house and do our makeup and get ready." She explained.

"I'll come pick you up after that and we'll all go to the dance." Cameron added looking at me through the rearview-mirror.

"Well I've been thinking about the dance and I just don't know if I really want to go." I said sheepishly.

"You're going." Ad said giving me no choice. I sighed and nodded.

"So where are you staying on Monday?" Cam asked.

"My house," I replied but it was more of a question.

"Do you want to stay at my house?" He questioned.

"Yeah, sounds fun." I agreed with a smile. He looked a little relieved.

At Adrienne's house we all sat around her flatscreen watching the tv show Friends. "So why not just do our hair here?" I asked them and got wide eyed looks from both of them.