Chapter 17

(Graham's POV)

As I dance with Reese, I can't help but think of those things Holly told her. No doubt they are lies, I would never do that to Reese. I really like her and I'm still surprised she had believed them in the first place.

I wonder why Holly would say those things. Was it to get back at me for something? To get Reese to stay away from me? I don't know, but I'm going to find out.

It angered me to see how hurt she was. There was also that other feeling, when she thought I said those thing she was hurt. Which means she finally let me in, behind all those walls she had built up to protect herself from everyone. I was mad that Holly had done that but I was happy to know Reese had let me in. I'm twisted, I guess.

It really hurt me when she wouldn't talk to me over the week. I kept wondering what I did and thought she needed her space so I let her be. Maybe that's why she was mad, because of Holly. I was going to ask her to the dance but she said she wasn't going. Plus, I thought it wouldn't be a good idea considering she was mad at me.

That night Holly called me and asked what my plans were. I told her I was going with friends and she told me I wasn't. She said I was going to go with her and apparently I had no say. It made me a little mad but I just let her do her thing. It's not like I was planing on spending the whole evening with her. The only reason I wanted to go was because Brianna told me Reese was going.

It actually scares me how much I like her. I never thought I would and Nick warned me about her. I just couldn't stay away. When I touch her, as girly as it sounds, I felt good and I got this tingly feeling throughout my body. She always tensed up though. Which confused me. I have yet to figure out about all that.

I started to like Reese almost two weeks ago. I spent most of my time trying to convince myself that I didn't but it was no use. I like her and I'll freely admit that to anyone, except Reese. Just for now, I will tell her when I feel I can without anything going wrong like Holly interfering. I don't know what Reese's reaction will be but I hope it's good.

Right now is the most happy I've been in a while. I'm so happy to have her in my arms. She's not the slightest bit tense. She doesn't seem to get tense at all anymore. I pull her closer to me, our chests were touching as we swayed. I open my eyes for a second and she had hers closed, so I closed mine again and continued to think.

I'm going to spend more time with her. I'm going to make her happy. I'm going to be there for her when ever she needs me. Not everything about her was perfect, but no one is. She's perfect for me. Hold on, did you really just think that?

At least I didn't say it out loud. I hope I didn't. Nope, I'm good.

I wonder who she was talking to on the phone? It was a guy and he was absolutely angry from the way he yelled. I didn't hear what he said though. That's one of the few things that bother me about Reese. I want to know who she was talking to and why he was so angry. I know it's none of my business but I worry about her. I want her safe.

I also want to know why she's so secretive and what she's hiding. I know it's connected to why she always flinches away from people. Sudden movements and loud noises put her on edge and she flinches at those too. She's almost always tense as well. Maybe something tragic happened before I met her. I would say it was what happened with her mom but she was like that before. I only recently found out the whole story.

Her mother was pregnant and both her and the baby had died on impact but it was a hit and run. They are slowly figuring stuff out but it takes a lot of time. It must be killing Reese inside to have to wait for her mothers justice. Bad choice of words.