Chapter 11

(Graham's POV)

I wake up and I'm hugging something. I'm not sure what it is but it's comfortable. I crack one eye open and realize it's not a something, it's a someone. Reese is in my arms. We must have fallen asleep like this. I remember her falling asleep and I didn't want to wake her, but that's it.

My arms are around her waist and her back is to my chest. She's curled up, so her thighs are brushing my arms. She looks so peaceful and cute. I don't want to move. Wait! No, stop. She's not supposed to be cute! Remember what Nick said! I look up to the clock and see that it's nine. I need to get home.

My parents can't get mad. They didn't answer, neither did my sister and I didn't have a ride home. Besides, they lock the doors after midnight anyways. They have major security problems.

I look back down at Reese. She looks so peaceful and angelic. I've never seen her like this. She's always tense and alert. She flinches a lot. I don't even think she notices half the time, it's just instinct. No normal person would flinch that much. I just pretend not to notice, but I know something's up and I intend to find out what.

Suddenly, my phone rings loudly. Reese stirs in my arms and I reach over the edge of the couch and into my bag quickly declining the call so it doesn't disturb her. After flipping around to face me, she slowly relaxes and cuddles into my chest. I can't help but smile. she balls her fists and puts them on my chest leaning into them. I laugh lightly, I look back at my phone and go to my calls. Holly called again. This is the third time this week! I thought she would get the hint the second time I ignored her. She just won't leave me alone! I mean she's hot, but just how Nick talks about her I can tell he likes her, so he can have her. There are other good looking girls around here. I glance at the clock once again. Wow it's already been a half an hour. My phone goes off again and I answer. "Where are you?" My mother asks automatically.

I quietly respond, "I stayed at Reese's."

"You should have called," she said stubbornly.

"I did," I said lowly still watching Reese to make sure she doesn't wake up. "You never answered."

"Ohh," she drags out and I roll my eyes. "Sorry honey," she finishes.

"Mhm." I say

"What time are you going to be home?"

"I don't know."

"Well I'm making dinner tonight, you can bring your little friend if you'd like." She teases me like she always does.

"You know some how I don't think she'll want to do that," I say.

"Well why not?" She whines and I laugh.

"She's got plans." I lie, well really it's not lying she may have plans.

My mom sighed, "Okay well be home by lunch."

"Will do, love you." I say, hanging up.

Now I can lay like this for a little longer. I smile down at her sleeping face. Her eyes flutter open. "Well apparently not," I mumble. She looks up at me confused. She looks cute when she's confused.

She not cute, I remind myself.

She looks around the room before growling and slamming her head back down. I breathe a laugh. She suddenly tenses again and I realize that my arm is still around her waist. I've noticed she doesn't like to be touched or be too close to people.

I remove my arm and she sets up rubbing her eyes and walking over towards the bathroom. Wow, I thought she was going to slap me. I set up as well and put my phone back in my bag. shortly after she comes back out with her hair still falling out but it still looks good and her eyes were still sleepy. She was wearing a Rolling Stones band shirt! I love The Rolling Stones! Most of her makeup was faded off but she still looked the same.