Chapter 19

"What is it?" I sigh. I bet I already know what's going on.

"You can't stay the night." He informs me. Bingo, I knew it! "My parents are home and if I had a girl sleeping in my bedroom with me they'd flip. I'm sorry, I'm still not ready to tell them that I'm gay. You can see if you can stay with Graham tonight." He says and I smile.

"Yeah okay," I reply.

"I'm sorry, Reese." He apologizes again.

"It's fine," I laugh. I'll just call Graham and ask if I can stay with him tonight. "Okay, bye!"

"Bye," then he hung up. I wonder if Mike would be into Cam? Mike is a friend from my old school. We still keep in touch but it's been a while.

I'll call him and see if he wants to meet up. I quickly press call on his contact. It rings and rings. "How's my girl?" Mike nearly yells through the line.

"I'm great, how are you?" Yes because a black eye with cuts and bruises all over my body is just great!

"I'm doing awesome, I was going to call you the other day but I forgot. Do you wanna hang out sometime?" He asks, wow that was easier than I thought.

"Yeah, that's actually why I called. I also want you to meet someone." I slyly add and hear him sigh.

"Who is it this time?" He already knows what's coming.

"His name is Cameron. He's a really close friend. I think you've met him once before when you came to visit." I say and he laughs.

"I don't remember. The only thing I remember from that visit was the movie marathon." He said to me.

"Of course you do," I mutter.

"What?" He asks but I already know he heard me.

"Nothing, I just want you to meet him. I really think you'll like him!" I try and convince him and it works.

"Okay but this is the last time." He says warningly. I squeal and he laughs again. "How's this weekend?" He asks and I smile wildly.

"It's perfect! Okay I have to call a friend and see if I can stay at his house." I say and he coughs.

"His house? Who's this guy?" He asks suggestively.

"Just a friend, for now." I add for his amusement.

"Okay, tell your mom I said hi." He doesn't know. I forgot to tell him.

"Um, Mike. There was an accident and mom passed away." I explained, the line went silent.

"I'm sorry, I really liked her." He admitted and I smiled at that.

"It's okay, I have to go I'll talk to you later." I say quickly.

"I'll see you this weekend girl," he bids me farewell then I hang up.

Now I need to call Graham and see if I can stay there for the night. If not then it looks like I'm staying home. Adrienne is visiting her grandfather in Georgia for the week. So we can't hang out until next week. I miss Adrienne, I can't wait to go shopping with her.

I call Graham's cell and a female voice picks up. "What?"

"Is Graham there?" I ask hesitantly.

"No he's busy. Why are you calling him?" She seems snippy. I soon recognize the voice.

"Holly?" I question in return.

"No, it's Graham's other girlfriend. Yes it's Holly," She confirms. Graham's girlfriend? Oh, I understand.