Chapter 10

I wake up in the morning with a bit of a headache. It's not bad, it's just annoying. I look at the clock and see that it's only six in the morning. Graham's coming over at ten, so I can get some stuff done. I trudge upstairs and into the kitchen.

I make some coffee. Sitting at the counter, I drink it. Then put the dish in the sink. I go back down to my room, or rather little apartment. I walk past the fridge and everything and into the bathroom. Sure it's small but it works. I take a shower. Once I'm done I step out and dry off. walking into the living room, which is also where I sleep, I pull out a baggy Rolling Stones band t-shirt and a pair of ripped up jeans. After dressing I decide to just pull my hair up in a messy bun, even though it's still wet because I don't like to dry my hair. Then I tie a dark blue bandana around my head.

I look to the clock and it says 9:06. So, I put the plastic over everything. The tv, dresser, etc. The couch is the only thing that's not covered. I made sure to put my drawings under the coffee table in front of the couch to where Graham won't see them. Looking around the room, I'm pleased with what I've accomplished. Once he comes in here he'll probably think I'm a freak. I have a large, see-through cabinet lining the wall. It holds most of my art supplies. Beside it is a shelf, it holds my molds and stuff. I have an interest in special effects makeup. Like the monsters in movies and stuff. I'm good at it and I love to do it. I have the stuff I've worked on and completed in my art room. I just haven't been able to take the rest of my stuff in there yet.

I gave Graham directions on how to get to my house and I told him to come around the back because that's where the door to the basement is. Shortly before ten I hear a knock at the door so I turn around and he was standing there awkwardly. I waved for him to come in and he opened the door. As he entered he looked around the place.

"I covered everything up so we wouldn't get paint on it." I explained noticing his confusion.

He stopped and looked at my wall, the one with all the art and face molds. He hasn't been here two minutes and he's already weirded out.

I walked over to him and took his bag setting it beside the table. I sat down in the couch and he was still standing, looking around. Soon he sits down beside me. "Lets get to work." he says. He pulls out his ideas and drawings. They aren't that bad, but they aren't that good either. He shows me what he wants to do and then I stand up and walk away. He watches me confusedly. "Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back." I say over my shoulder. I walk into my art room and grab some clay. I walk back and set it on the plastic covered table. Then, I walk over to the cabinet and pull out a few tools. My airbrush, some paint brushes, and paint. I set them down on the table as well. He looked at me for a minute just smiling. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing." he said still smiling.
I gave him a weird look and sat back down. "How do we do this?" He asks and I facepalm myself. He just chuckles.

"We sculpt the volcano and then paint it." I say obviously. Then I take the cover off the clay and take off as much as I think we need. Graham just watches me.

I pound it with my hand until I think it's at the thickness I need. I continue to make it rugged. After it looks the way I want, I take one of the tools and begin to make a crack down the center of it. I'm focusing on it as I make it look real.

I turn to face Graham and he's watching me. I hand him the tool and he holds it like he doesn't know what to do with it.

"Finish this while I go and get some things from the cabinet." I say and he looks to the sculpt then back to me.

He nods and I walk away. I gather some small rock like things and walk back over. He still sitting there just looking at the volcano. I laugh and take the tool back. I carve the rest of the crack and smaller ones coming off of the larger. Then I get my airbrush and hook it up. "Can you paint?" I ask him, jokingly.