Chapter 16

The whole way there all I heard was squeals coming from the back seat. "Do you think I look good enough?" I heard Brianna ask. I rest my head against the window. Being in cars have made me a bit tense ever since what happened with my mom. "We're here," Cam said as he shoved the door open and nearly fell out of the car. Must have been the squeals.

I see him walk around to my door and open it for me. He held his hand out for me to take and I did as I stepped out of his car. What a gentleman. He did the same for the girls and laced his arm with mine. "Ready?" I asked. He hummed a reply as we walk up to the doors. The girls were already in there, of course.

I notice a group of guys leaning against the building. Probably avoiding going in before they have to. The girls are going to be clingy so I guess it would be good to have a moment to relax. We walk in and there was already a bunch of people here. I walk up to the girls and they are already by the punch table.

"I want to get some punch before it's spiked." Ad says as she takes a drink and then starts to cough. "Too late."

"I'm going to go see my brother, I'll be back." Brianna announces as she walks off in a random direction. The music that was playing now was upbeat. People were jumping around everywhere. Then the music slowed down and people paired up into two. Except this group of guys that were huddled in a circle, wasted already.

"Let's dance," Cam suggested and I looked up at him. He was smiling down at me.

"I can't dance!" I said and shook my head violently. I've never even tried.

"I'll show you, it's easy." He said pulling me out onto the dance floor. He rested his hands on my hips and I put mine on his shoulders. "Now just sway your hips and move with me." He explained, leading me through the song. This was the first time I've ever danced with a guy, or danced at all.

As the song went on, I picked up the moves and didn't need help. Cam whispered something but I could barely hear him. "I can see the bruises on your arms." As soon as I made out what he said I began to panic. I forgot about them. Looking at my arms to see for myself, very faint bruises marked my arms. You could only tell if you were looking right at them.

"They are almost gone, no one will notice." I tried to convince both him and myself. "Especially in this light," I added. He shook his head at me.

"So you're still staying at my place on Monday right?" He asked and I nodded.

"I just need to pack up some stuff to stay." I told him and he looked a little uneasy. "What?" I asked.

"I just don't want you going there." He admitted to me. I gave him a look.

"I'll be fine, Cam. I've stayed there most of the week and I haven't even seen him. Besides, I think he's calmed down by now." I said sincerely.

"You stayed there all week?" He asked in bewilderment, almost yelling. I flinched back a little at that. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Cam said and I hugged him.

"You didn't, you just surprised me." I assured and he relaxed a bit.

"You say he's calmed down but he almost killed you, Reese. Anger like that can be sparked easily with people who have issues. I just don't want you getting hurt. I'll feel better knowing your staying with other people this weekend." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. He seemed to notice my confusion. "You're staying with Brianna and Adrienne tonight right?"

"No, I'm going home." Right after the words left my mouth I regretted it. He tensed up almost immediately. "I'm staying with you on Monday though."

"You'll be there all night and all day Sunday. You're bound to run into him." He said, not even looking at me.

"If I stay downstairs I'll be fine." I declared.