Chapter 12

(Reese's POV)

I step back into the house and it's already ten at night. I stalled all day long. Going to see Adrienne and then I had dinner with Cameron and spent some time at the rail road tracks before walking back home. As soon as I closed the door behind me a voice sounded from the dining room. "Where have you been? You were gone when I got home too." At least he didn't see Graham and I this morning.

"I was at a friends for a while." I explained myself.

"What friends? You don't have any." He said rudely. I decide not to talk back this time seeing as he already had a slight slur and a Bud-light in his hand. "Anyways, my mother is coming over this weekend and she wants to see you."

I actually like his mom. She's kind and rude all at the same time. She's funny and she always has good stories about her teenage years. She was the polar opposite of her son. "How long will she stay?"

"Until Sunday." He said curtly.

"Okay," I said walking to the basement. He didn't stop me, he just let me go. Maybe his mom can come over every weekend, he seems a lot happier when he knows she's coming or when she's already here.

I step into the basement and set my stuff down on the coffee table. Then my phone goes off. "Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, what's up?" Adrienne asked.

"Nothing, nothing at all." I said sarcastically, smiling to myself.

"I'm not helping you clean up the body this time," she says jokingly.

"No fair!" I play along.

"I'm not cleaning up your mess if I didn't get to join in the fun." She says like I should already know it. "Okay now seriously, do you wanna go to the mall this weekend?"

"I can't, Jay's mom is coming down, she's staying until Sunday and I have to be here." I say and she almost growls at me.

"The dance is next weekend and we still have to go shopping before it." She said grumpily.

"We went shopping last weekend," I try.

"Yeah and?"

I sigh. "Why do we need to go? We already got our dresses when we went with Cam and Brianna."

"We need to get kicked out again!" She exclaims.

I laugh at that. We've gotten kicked out of so many places it's amazing. "How about after the dance we go shopping and go out to eat."

"Deal."

"Hey what's the game plan for the dance?" I ask curiously.

She exaggerates a deep breath, then cuts her exhale short and I laugh once again. "You, Brianna, and I are all going to get ready together. Then, Cameron is going to pick us up at my house and we'll all go to the dance." Ad explains.

"Okay, I've got to go now. Bye idiot," I know she rolled her eyes at that.

"Whatever, later loser." She says before hanging up. Clever.

After ending the call I walk over to my dresser and grab some black shorts and my Slipknot band t-shirt before heading to the bathroom and taking a shower. Once I'm done I step out, get dressed, and then I go into the living room of the basement and lay down on the couch. I turn on the television and flip the channel to Chiller. I watch the movie Priest and slowly drift off to sleep.

The next morning I wake up at six thirty. I stand up and stumble into the bathroom. I took a shower last night but I feel dirty so I take another one. Then, I slip on some ripped black jeans and a white shirt that has black netting as sleeves and says vibes on the front in bold. I apply a little makeup and step into my black and white converse heading out the door for school.