Chapter 24

The week went by fast and I had already answered all the questions the police had for me. I didn't press any charges and they said he wouldn't get more than twenty years at the most. The court date was set for next month.

Before I knew it I was calling Adrienne to ask her to help me get ready for the date. "Hey, I need your help." I asked her and she seemed a little worried at first.

"Do you need a place to stay or something?" She asked me and I laughed.

"No, I have a date." The second those words left my mouth I heard a high pitch squeal.

"Graham finally asked you out?" She screeched in my ear. She sounded like she was hyperventilating over the line.

"Yes and this is my first date ever so I don't know what to wear or anything." I began to panic and I went on.

"I'll be right over just have everything out and ready for me." She demanded and I smiled and my best friends enthusiasm of the situation.

"Make sure to be quiet and come in the back door." I reminded her and she replied with a simple "okay" before hanging up. I ran to get everything while she was on her way.

I grabbed some makeup such as mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. Then I moved on to outfits. I picked out some of my favorite shirts and some more classy shirts along with jeans. Shortly I heard a car pull in my drive way. I knew it was Adrienne because Jay was at some hotel and wouldn't be home until midnight, maybe later.

She came and knocked to which I opened the door. She squealed again and pulled me onto the couch. She applied some light brown eyeshadow and bold eyeliner along with light mascara. She looked at all my clothes I had laid out and she chose some dark washed skinny jeans and stylish black and white shirt. I don't even remember laying that out. It was loose and most of it was black with white swirls around the neck that was low cut. Just enough to show off some cleavage.

"No," I said as she held up the shirt. I didn't want my boobs showing. She gave me a pout and I gave in. I went into the bathroom and changed then came out where she was holding up a pair of combat boots. I smiled excitedly and slipped them on. Then she straightened my hair and told me not to mess anything up until he got here.

"You better call me with details," she threatened.

"Absolutely," I hugged her and she left to go home.

I watched some television until I heard a knock on the side door. I stood up and opened the door with a smile. Graham stood there for a minute just checking me out. I suddenly felt self-conscious about my appearance. I turned around to get my phone and money then we left.

"Where are we going?" I asked and he shot me a smile that would have made my knees weak and cause me to fall. Good thing we were in the car and I was sitting down.

"I'm not telling," he smirks at me then his smirk drops and he starts to look nervous. "You l-look very beautiful." I blush and look away. That seems to send him into a panic state. "Not that you don't normally look beautiful. You always look beautiful. I was just saying-"

"Thank you, Graham. You look very handsome yourself." I cut off his cute rambling. His hair was styled to perfection. He was wearing a grey button-up shirt and a black hoodie over it. Along with jeans and black Jordan's.

He laughed and looked back at the road, mumbling a thanks. Soon we pulled up in a small parking lot. I looked at the sign and began to laugh. He looked at me and smiled. "What?" He asked.

"Glow in the dark mini-golf is not one of my best sports," I admit. He just shrugs smiling even wider.

"Me either," he says as he takes my hand in his and kisses my knuckles.