Leave him Alone~ Richie x Male Reader

so y'all know in IT Chapter Two when Richie's at the arcade and he's flirting with a boy and then Henry called him out? well in this, you're that boy except you're gay. by the way, i'm not using the exact dialogue from the movie just so ya know. also, Richie doesn't know Henry's your cousin. also, this is pretty short sorry.

TW: homophobia, bullying, homophobic slur usage

reader gender: male
word count: 501
character: Richie Tozier (13)
summary: (Y/n) is Henry's cousin and Henry catches Richie flirting with him and gets mad. (Y/n) stands up for Richie.

You and Richie were playing video games and it was his turn. You watched as he won.

"Nice, Tozier!" You said. "You're really good."

"Thanks," Richie replied. You high-fived him.

"Well, I gotta go," you said. You started to walk away.

"Hey- um..." Richie started. "How about we go again?" Richie asked, holding up another coin. "You know, only if you want to..."

"Hey!" Henry shouted. You turned to see him walking in with his friends. Shit. "Quit flirting with my little cousin, little faggot."

"Leave him alone, Henry," you said.

"Oh, is he your boyfriend now?" Henry mocked.

"Shut up," you said. Henry walked closer to you. Slight fear struck you.

"Excuse me?" Henry questioned, clearly trying to intimidate you.

"Just leave us alone, okay?" You said.

"You're a little faggot too, huh?" Henry said. "I always thought there was something wrong with you."

"Shut up!" Richie shouted.

"What was that, Tozier?!" Henry asked. You looked back at Richie.

"Don't..." You said quietly. "I got it."

"Aw trying to protect your little boyfriend?" Henry mocked.

"Stop, Henry," you said.

"Get outta here, Tozier," Henry said to Richie. Richie looked a bit afraid. Everyone was watching. "Get outta here, faggot!"

Richie backed up and then left. He ran and you ran after him. "I'm not done with you, little shit!" Henry yelled as you pushed open the door and ran outside.

"Richie!" You shouted, running towards him. He didn't stop until he reached the park, where he plopped down on a bench. Soon, you caught up and sat next to him.

"Hey," you said. You wrapped your arm around Richie gently. He had a few tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," you said.

"He's your cousin?" Richie asked.

"Y-yeah... Sorry I never told you. I'm not exactly proud of it," you replied.

"Yeah, he's an asshole," Richie said.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about him," you said.

"It's not your fault," Richie said. He took off his glasses and wiped his eyes, then put them back on.

After a few minutes, you decided to ask him something.

"Hey, are you actually-..." You said, referring to him being gay or not. (i could be wrong, but i think Richie's bi, so that's how i'm gonna write this)

"Oh, uh... Kinda, I guess..." Richie replied. You nodded. "H-how about you?"

"Oh, uh... Yeah..." You replied. You had never told anyone that.

There were a few minutes of silence.

"I-I wanna tell you something..." You said nervously.

"Okay," Richie said. "Go ahead."

"Um... I like you... a lot," you said. Richie smiled a little.

"I like you a lot, too," he replied. You smiled slightly. You looked into each other's eyes for a little while.

"Can I kiss you?" Richie asked. You nodded. He hesitantly kissed you. It was relatively short, since there were other people around. But, it was still very enjoyable.

"Wow," you said. "That was... great."

"Yeah, I got practice from making out with your mom."

"Shut up, Tozier."

el end.