Eddie? ~ Reddie (Alternative Ending to IT Chapter Two) P1

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FROM IT CHAPTER TWO

this is a little different than other chapters. this is an alternative ending to IT Chapter Two because i can't emotionally handle the ending that was given and cry for 30 minutes every time i watch it:) anyway, this starts off right after they killed Penny and Richie saw Eddie dead.

word count: 486
ship: reddie (Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak) (40)
summary: Eddie isn't dead. He divorced Myra and marries Richie. It's the proper ending to Chapter Two.

PART ONE:

Richie's POV
I ran over to Eddie and kneeled down by him.

"Hey. We got Pennywise, man," I said, smiling. He stared blankly without blinking. My smile dropped. I put my hand on his cheek.

"Eddie."

No response.

I tapped his cheek lightly.

Nothing.

Tears brimmed my eyes. He couldn't be... No...

"Richie," Bev said.

"He's gone," Bill said.

"No, he's all right. No, he's just hurt. We gotta get him outta here. He's hurt. Ben, Bill. He's okay. We gotta get him outta here. Bev," I said. Eddie wasn't dead. He couldn't be. He was just hurt. That's all. He'd be fine.

"Richie," Bev said.

"What?" I asked, turning to her.

"Honey, he's dead," Bev said. She sniffled.

No. He couldn't be. No. He would be fine if we just got him out of there.

"We have to go. Come on. Come on, Richie," Bev said.

"Yeah, come on," Bill agreed as he neared me.

I pulled Eddie close to me. Tears spilled from my eyes. What if he was gone? No, he couldn't. He couldn't.

"Come on. Come on. Let's go," Bill said, pulling on my shoulder.

"We can still help him, guys! We can still help him!" I yelled. The others murmured, trying to persuade me to leave Eddie. They dragged me away from him.

"But, guys, we can still help him! We can still help him!"

The Losers dragged me further away from Eddie.

"Eddie! Eddie!"

They managed to drag me outside. I tried to pull away from them to go back for Eddie. I had to save him. I couldn't lose him. I couldn't. I loved him too much.

The house we just ran out of was collapsing. Eddie was still in there.

"Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! We gotta go get him! He's still in there!" I screeched, pulling against the Losers, who were restraining me.

"Eddie! Eddie!"

(sorry to hurt yall with that partT_T i promise it gets better)

~<• time skip to when the Losers are going to the quarry •>~

(this is when this story differs from the movie. instead of Richie joining the others at the quarry, he decides to go to the Barrens to be alone and say goodbye to Eddie since he died in the sewers and the Barrens is a spot where the sewer lets out)

I walked into the water just outside the sewer. Tears brimmed my eyes once again. Eddie was gone. I would never see him again. I would never see his deep brown eyes that I loved so much. I would never get to tease him for being short again. I never even got the chance to tell him how I felt. And I never would.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by the sight of something strange coming from the sewer. I looked closer to see it was a body. A familiar body. I stepped closer.

It was Eddie.

TO BE CONTINUED...