Will You Hold Something for Me? P2

word count: 892
ship: reddie (Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak) (varying ages)
summary: Richie uses a cheesy pickup line from when they were kids to propose.

PART TWO (still in Richie's POV):

"I really like you, Eds..." I muttered just loud enough for him to hear. He became more flustered and his face showed it.

"I-I really like you, too..." He replied. Yes! All that worrying for nothing. I smiled.

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah," Eddie replied with a small, shy smile, turning away a bit to hide it. I squeezed his hand lightly. I leaned over and rested my lips on his cheek gently. I felt his cheek warm even more.

I pulled away after a few seconds. Eddie turned his head to look at me and we locked eyes. Then, he looked at my lips and I took the sign. I leaned over again and pressed my lips against Eddie's. I used my free hand to lightly touch his cheek. The kiss was relatively short, but held much love and passion.

I pulled away and removed my hand from his cheek. We were staring into each other's eyes for a moment. He then looked down at his watch.

"Shit," he muttered. "My mom's gonna kill me."

"What's new?" I joked with a chuckle. He smiled a little, too.

"Well, I-I should go..."

"Yeah, yeah... Of course."

Eddie stood up and so did I.

"This was really great..." I said.

"Yeah, it was. Thanks fo taking me here," Eddie replied.

"Yeah, of course. We can come up here again sometime if you want."

"Yeah, I'd like that."

We both smiled.

"Well, we should really get going," Eddie said.

"Yeah," I replied.

We walked all the way down the tall hill, through the streets of Derry, and eventually, we arrived at Eddie's house. It was pretty dark and Eddie was worried his mom would be mad.

Eddie started to walk up the driveway to his house.

"Hey," I said. Eddie turned.

"Yeah?" Eddie asked.

"Uh... Do you... do you wanna be... boyfriends?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'd like that," Eddie replied with a blush and smile. I smiled back.

"See you tomorrow, Eds."

"See you tomorrow."

~2012~
~epilogue~

(we have now entered 2012. why 2012? you'll see.
anyway, Richie and Eddie ended up staying a couple and ended up living together at this point. no, they're not married. they ended up staying in Derry, Maine. anyway, this is when they're 36 in 2012)

Richie's POV:
"Hey Eds!" I said, walking into our living room where Eddie was.

"When will you stop calling me that?" Eddie asked.

"Oh, I was thinking maybe in May of 2000-never," I replied.

"Ha-ha. You're so clever," Eddie said sarcastically.

"Oh, I know," I said with a wink. "Anyway, it's Saturday. I'm taking you somewhere."

"Where?"

"It's a surprise," I replied with a smile.

"Okay, fine. I'll get ready," Eddie said.

~<• time skip to when Eddie realized where they're going •>~

"Wait, you're taking me to our hill, aren't you?" Eddie asked.

"Yep," I replied.

"Is there a special occasion or something I forgot about, but somehow you remembered?"

"Nope. I just wanted to take you here."

~<• time skip to when they're on top of the hill •>~

I sat down and patted the ground next to me. Eddie sat down next to me. I started to get nervous. I was seriously about to do this. Might as well start it off like old times...

"Hey Eds."

"Yeah?"

I reached in my pocket.

"Will you hold something for me?" I asked.

Eddie smiled and chuckled.

"Still using that to get me to hold your hand? Okay, Rich," Eddie replied.

I held out my hand, except unlike when we were kids, my hand wasn't empty.

There was a ring.

Eddie was stunned for a moment.

"I-..." He started. He smiled.

"Edward Spaghetward Kaspbrak, will you marry me?"

"But that's illegal," Eddie said.

"Not anymore," I said, smiling lightly.

"Wait, you mean-"

"Yep. We can get married now. So?"

(same sex marriage was legalized in Maine in 2012 so that's why this is set then)

"Absolutely," Eddie said, smiling. I smiled widely and kissed him. When we pulled away, I put the ring on his finger.

"I love you, Eds."

"I love you, too, Rich."

el end.