Heather P2

heres part 2. does anybody else feel kinda guilty reading Richie or Eddie x readers bc you dont wanna ruin reddie? thats random but like i love reddie so much that its hard for me bc im in love with Eddie and possibly Richie too so yea 😩

reader gender: male
word count: 1267
character: Richie Tozier (16)
summary: Richie gets a girlfriend and (Y/n) has to deal with it, however he can't hold it in forever.

PART TWO:

Richie and Heather had been dating for a month now. It hurt every time you saw Richie. He was almost always with Heather. He would bring her when he would hang out with the Losers. Even when you saw him when he was alone (which was rare) it hurt. He constantly talked about her and how beautiful she was.

'Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty'

You knew you could never be as good as her. You could never be as pretty or as nice. You could never be loved by Richie as she was. You couldn't help but be consumed by jealousy. But of course, you had to hide it. This became more and more difficult the more you saw them together.

Would you ever get used to it? You thought you would have by now. But how could you get used to someone constantly kissing your Richie? Except he wasn't yours. He was hers. And you had to accept that and move on. Easier said than done.

'You gave her your sweater
It's just polyester
But you like her better
Wish I were Heather'

"I'm cold," Heather said as she shivered. The Losers and Heather were hanging out by the Barrens.

"Oh. Here," Richie said, removing his leather jacket and giving it to Heather. She smiled and took it.

You took a slightly deep breath and looked away, biting your lip lightly. Just a month ago, that was you. But Richie didn't love you, he was just being a good friend. But with her, it wasn't friendship, it was love. You wished as hard as possible that you were in her position, though you knew it would never happen.

Eddie scooted closer to you. He was your best friend along with Richie, so he could likely tell that something had been wrong for a while.

"You okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah," you mumbled sadly, nodding. Eddie looked at you with a cocked eyebrow, knowing that you were lying.

"Hey, (Y/n), my mom wanted me to bring you over for dinner because she made lasagna with a new recipe and wanted a taste tester. We should go now," Eddie said, standing up.

"Uh okay," You replied, knowing he was lying.

"Oh, can I come? I love lasagna" Richie asked.

"My mom just wanted (Y/n)," Eddie replied.

"Oh, okay," Richie said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Bye, guys," you said.

"Bye," everybody said.

You and Eddie walked away silently, pulling your bikes along with you. Nothing was spoken until you were out of earshot of the Losers and Heather. Once they couldn't hear, Eddie spoke.

"What's going on? You've been acting weird for a while. What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing, Eddie. Don't worry about it," you replied. Eddie thought for a moment. You were now on a street and you two crossed over to the sidewalk.

"It's Heather, isn't it?" Eddie asked.

"What? No," You lied.

"Are you jealous of Richie?" Eddie asked. He thought you liked her. Wow.