Do You Think We'll Break Up? ~ Eddie x Gender Neutral Reader

(the pic is baby Jack and omfg🥰)
you and Eddie are already dating when this takes place😉
also in this oneshot, your parents are pretty shitty and they don't care much about you.

reader gender: gender neutral
word count: 550
character: Eddie Kaspbrak (14)
summary: (Y/n) and Eddie cuddle and (Y/n) asks if Eddie thinks they'll ever break up. It gets fluffy♥️

Eddie's mom wasn't home, so you decided to spend the evening with Eddie at his house. You had walked him home from hanging out with the other Losers. Eddie collapsed on his bed from exhaustion. You laid on top of him.

"(Y/n), you're squishing me," Eddie said. You smiled.

"Seriously, I can't even breath."

"It's a tough life being small, isn't it, Eds?" You joked.

"I'm not that small! And don't call me that."

"You're tiny, Eds," you said with a chuckle.

"Get off me before I have an asthma attack from loss of breath."

You got off of the small boy and then laid next to him, pulling him in top of you. The back of his head was against your chest. He blushed hard and you smiled, a little blush dusting your cheeks as well.

"I love you, Eds."

This made him blush even harder.

"Love you too, (Y/n)," Eddie replied nervously. You wrapped your arms tighter around his stomach.

You both laid there, contently and silently for a few minutes.

"Hey, Eds," you said.

"Yeah?"

"Do you..." You paused. "Do you think we'll ever... break up?"

There were a few moments of silence.

"I... I don't think so," Eddie replied.

"It's just... I don't know, it just seems like we're so young and... I don't know," you said.

"Yeah, I know. But I-I mean you make me happy all the time. You make me feel better no matter what's going on. You're always here for me. You-you make me feel more complete."

You were shocked and so was he that he'd said that.

"I-I mean..." Eddie started. He was as red as a tomato. He looked up at you to see a tear make its way down your face.

"W-wait are you crying?" Eddie asked. "Why? Did I do something wrong? I'm sor-"

"No, no. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just... I-I didn't know you cared so much..."

You were both silent for a few moments.

"I just... Nobody's ever really loved me. Not even my parents. It just means so much that you feel so strongly..." You explained.

You smiled while a few more tears streaked down your face. Eddie flipped over so the his front side was to yours and hugged you tightly. You embraced him as well.

"I know I don't always show it, but I really do love you so much, (Y/n)."

"I love you so much, Eds," you replied. "And I don't think we'll break up. I'm sure they all say that, but this is different."

Eddie nodded against your chest.

"Hopefully I'll never be do something dumb enough for us to separate," you joked.

"Well, you are pretty stupid, but you're not gonna get rid of me easily," Eddie responded. You both chuckled.

You were both quiet for about a minute before you spoke;

"I'll always be here for you, okay? No matter what. Even if we're fighting or we haven't seen each other in a long time, I'll still be here if you need me," you said.

"Thanks, (Y/n). I'll always be here for you, too," Eddie said.

You squeezed the boy you loved dearly and kissed his forehead before diving into a strange conversation about why chickens can't fly.

el end.