Heather P3

reader gender: male
word count: 968
character: Richie Tozier (16)
summary: Richie gets a girlfriend and (Y/n) has to deal with it, however he can't hold it in forever.

PART THREE:

You sat on a bench in the park. You were reading a good book before you heard someone approach you who spoke with a familiar voice.

"Oh! Hey, (Y/n)! How are you?" Richie asked. You looked up from your book to see his big glasses you loved so much.

"Uh... Fine, I guess," you replied sadly without meaning to be. Richie sat down next to you and you put your bookmark in your book before putting it down next to you.

"You've been... weird lately," Richie said. "Well, weirder"

You rolled your eyes.

"What do you mean? I'm always weird, right?" You asked.

"Well, yeah, but I mean you seem... I don't know... Sad?" Richie said in a questioning tone.

"I'm fine, Richie," You said.

"Yeah, now it's clear you're lying," Richie said.

"What?" You asked.

"You never call me that. You always call me either Rich or Chee. You only call me Richie when you're mad at me," Richie said. You looked down in defeat. "What did I do?"

"No, you didn't do anything. I'm not mad at you, Richie," you said. You internally confronted yourself for calling him that again.

"Then why are you calling me that? And why are you acting so sad? Is there something going on at home?"

"No. There's nothing wrong. Why can't I just call you by the same name everybody else does? Why's it have to mean something?"

"Because you've never called me that. Even when we first met, you never called me that. Stop lying and using excuses. You used to talk to me. You can still do that."

"Fine, Richie. Fine," you said, looking around to see if anyone would be able to hear you. No one was around. Good. "It's Heather."

"What about her? Oh, shit, do you like her? Sorry. I didn't-" Richie started.

"No. Why does everybody think that? I don't like Heather. How have you not realized, Richie?"

"What is there to realize?"

"The obvious. I'm jealous, okay? I'm so fucking jealous. Not of you. Of her, Richie. I'm jealous of her."

"Wait, so you-"

"Yeah. I love you, Richie. I have for a long time. It's not like I never expected you to get a girlfriend. I did. I just didn't know it would be this hard for me. I knew you'd never love me like I love you-"

'Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty'

"(Y/n)."

"No, Richie. Let me finish. I know you probably hate me now, but just let me finish before you tell me I'm disgusting. I never expected you to love me. Why would you? I'm ugly, I'm annoying, I'm boring.

"But, you know what? She's perfect. Absolutely perfect in every way. I'm the opposite. You love her. She loves you. That's not your fault. So, no, I'm not mad at you, I'm just upset in general. I'm hurt and I just... I don't know what to do with it... I don't know what to do with the fact that I'll never have you..."

Richie glanced around for people, before leaning toward you and pressing his lips to yours. Your eyes widened and you pulled away after a moment. You were confused.

"What the fuck was that?" You asked.

"Well, basically everything you said was bullshit. I don't love her, (Y/n). You may not believe this, but she's not perfect. She's a bitch, actually. She's said some shit to me and I put up with it because I wanted a distraction from you. I fought with her all the time because I was desperate to get over you.

"I thought you'd never love a dumbass like me. I didn't even know you liked boys. I guess I always hoped you did, but I never realized you do. I actually just broke up with Heather today because I was sick of her shit and it wasn't helping me to get over you."

Richie paused.

"I love you, (Y/n)."

You let that sink in for a moment. Richie Trashmouth Tozier was in love with you. The gorgeous boy you had loved for so many years felt the same way. You were shocked. You had fallen for Heather's charade and Richie's fake love for her.

"Wait, you like boys?" You asked Richie. He'd always seemed like he liked girls. You were a bit confused.

"Well, both, actually. I haven't told anybody, so don't mention it," Richie replied.

"Of course. Don't tell anybody about me either."

"Yeah, I wouldn't."

"So, uh... You um..." You started awkwardly.

"I love you, yeah..." Richie said, his hand coming up to his neck out of nervousness.

"Wow. Uh... I didn't expect that, sorry," you said, looking away.

"No, it's okay. I didn't expect you to like me either..." Richie said.

There was a silence for a few moments.

"C-Can I kiss you again?" Richie asked.

"Yeah, I'd love that," you said with an awkward smile, turning towards him.

You both checked for anyone to be watching, but the park was still clear. Richie leaned in and connected your lips to his. Your eyes fluttered shut as you enjoyed the kiss from him you had wanted from him for so long.

Eventually, Richie pulled away.

"Wow," you murmured.

"Much better than Heather. God, she was a terrible kisser," Richie said. "You, on the other hand. You're the best I've kissed, honestly."

"Oh, thanks," you replied awkwardly. "You're a great kisser, too."

"So, um... Do you wanna, uh, be boyfriends?" Richie asked, a bit nervous. You'd never really seen Richie nervous. He must really love you.

"Yeah, I'd love that, Chee," you said with a smile. Richie smiled back.

"There it is," Richie said, enjoying the pet name. You rolled your eyes playfully at your boyfriend.

el end.

i really enjoyed writing this and i hope you enjoyed reading it😄