Leave me Alone!~ Henry x Gender Neutral Reader

TW: mention of abuse, bullying
(L/n) = last name

reader gender: gender neutral
word count: 970
character: Henry Bowers (17)
summary: (Y/n) finds out about Henry's dad abusing him and Henry opens up to (Y/n) a little.

Henry Bowers. The asshole that bullies kids. The guy you don't wanna mess with. Was there more to him, though? Was he just an asshole who takes pride in others' pain? Or was there more?

You stood in front of the school, smoking a cigarette. It was a relatively chilly morning. Henry and the rest of his gang approached the doors. You looked at Henry. He had a black eye. Who could have given him that? Did a victim fight back? That was unusual.

"The hell you lookin' at, (L/n)?" Henry said harshly. You took a puff of your cigarette.

"Nothing, Bowers," you replied as him and his buddies walked in the school. You took one final hit from your cigarette before tossing it in the ground and stepping on it. You were still wondering what happened to Henry when you walked into the school.

~<• time skip to after school •>~

You were in your way home from school when you saw Henry and his gang bothering a group of younger kids. You leaned against a parked car and watched. You had nothing better to do. You grabbed a cigarette and lit it. You watched until Henry told the children to leave and they did so.

"What, (L/n)?" Henry asked, annoyed. "You stalking me now or something?"

"No. Free entertainment," you replied. You took a draw from your cigarette. "What happened to your eye? Did a bullying session not go as planned?"

"What's it have to do with you?" Henry asked. Something was wrong. His voice was a bit different. There was a small amount of softness, which he attempted to mask.

"I'm just curious as to who dared to punch the great Henry Bowers," you replied.

"Don't worry about it," Henry said.

"Awww was it a little kid and that's why you don't wanna tell me?" You mocked.

"No. Just leave me the fuck alone!" Henry shouted.

"Okay, okay," you said, holding up your hands in surrender. "Sorry for being curious."

Henry and his pals walked off and drove away in Belch's car. Something was wrong and you wanted to know what it was. Why wouldn't Henry tell you who did it? Why were you so interested? Why couldn't you just leave it alone? Why, why, why?

~<• time skip to next day •>~

You were skateboarding down the street. You looked over to see Henry running out of a house. He was... crying? What? You stopped your skateboard with your foot and walked closer to him.

"Hey, Bowers!" You said to get his attention.

"What the fuck do you want, (L/n)?!" He yelled. He didn't turn around. His voice was shaky.

"What was that about?" You asked, still trailing pretty far behind him.

"Just leave me alone like I told you before!" Henry shouted back. Then he ran. You dropped your skateboard and pushed off. You caught up to him.

"I'm not gonna leave you alone until you tell me what's going on!" You said. His pace slowed. You got off your skateboard and grabbed it, before walking over to Henry. You walked beside him. He looked the other way to hide the tears on his face.

"Seriously, what's going on?" You asked.

"Wh-why should you care?" Did Henry just stutter?

"Just tell me, okay? If there's a problem, maybe I can help," you offered.

"I don't need help. Just leave me alone," Henry said shakily.

"Okay, just tell me what's going on and then I'll leave you alone if you really want me to. But until then, I'm not going anywhere," you argued.

"No... You'll think... Just go away and stop bothering me," Henry said.

"I'll think what? I'm not gonna judge you or anything and I won't tell anybody."

"Y-you'll think I'm weak..."

"No, I won't. I promise."

"For the last time, leave me alone!" Henry shouted.

"Or what?" You questioned.

"Why do you have to be so persistent?"

"Why can't you just tell me?" Henry stopped walking; you did the same.

"Fine! My dad hits me sometimes, okay?! Happy?!" Henry shouted. You were surprised. "Mystery solved! Now leave me alone!"

More tears made their way out of Henry's eyes. You embraced him in a quick motion. He tried to push you off.

"Get off me! I don't need pity! Just leave!" Henry shouted.

You squeezed tighter. "I'm sorry, Henry."

"Why the fuck do you even care?!"

"It doesn't matter right now, okay?" You replied.

"Get off me," he said sternly.

You didn't let go.

After a few minutes, Henry's head rested in the crook of your neck and his arms lightly wrapped around you. He sobbed.

Eventually, he calmed down. You both pulled away from each other. His face was still a bit wet and there were a few cuts, accompanied by a new bruise. He wiped his face with his hands for a moment.

"You tell anybody about this and you're dead," Henry said.

"Of course," you said. "Hey, look, I'm sorry about your dad. You don't deserve it, okay?"

Henry nodded. You took an old receipt out of your pocket and grabbed a pen from the other and wrote down your address.

"This is my address. If you ever need to get away from him, you can always stop by, okay?" You said, offering Henry the piece of paper.

"Thanks," he said, taking it.

"Of course," you replied.

"Just... forget this happened, okay?" Henry asked. "Don't think of me any different."

"Yeah, nothing's changed. You're still the same person," you replied.

"Okay. I should go," Henry said.

"Yeah, me too. Okay. Bye," you replied.

"Bye."

You dropped your skateboard and skated off.

It turns out there really was more to Henry Bowers.

el end.

unless... do yall want a part 2 where Henry could go to (Y/n) for help?

also, please request!