Will You Hold Something for Me? ~ Reddie P1

this is another Reddie oneshot:)
part of it will be when Richie and Eddie are kids, and the other part will have them as adults, but i will show that.
the first part takes place in 1989 a few months after they beat Pennywise. i will explain the other part later.

TW: mild homophobic slur usage

word count: 802
ship: reddie (Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak) (varying ages)
summary: Richie uses a cheesy pickup line from when they were kids to propose.

PART ONE:

~1989~

Richie's POV:
I was hanging out with Eddie today. Just Eddie and I. No one else. I had to admit, it made me slightly nervous, being alone with him, but I loved spending time with him.

We were at the arcade and Eddie was growing a bit bored.

"Rich, we've been here forever," Eddie complained.

"Okay, okay, fine. Where do you wanna go?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he replied.

"Well, I don't know where you wanna go, either," I said.

"Obviously, Trashmouth."

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Faggots," someone muttered, walking past. I looked over to see a kid I'd seen once in science class.

I looked down.

"What, Rich?" Eddie asked. He must not have heard.

"Nothing, Eds. Where do you wanna go?" I replied, hoping the nickname would keep his mind off of it.

"Somewhere you won't call me that," Eddie said.

"Well, I can't take you there. Would you settle for a place I found a few days ago?" I asked. "It's cool."

"Okay, sure," he replied.

~<• time skip to when they're almost to the place •>~

Eddie and I were climbing up a large hill to get to the place I had found.

"How much longer, Rich?" Eddie asked, struggling to breathe. He unzipped his fanny pack and grabbed his inhaler. He took a puff from it.

"Give that thing a rest, would you?" I said. "I mean I never give your mom a rest but-"

"Shut up, Richie. You're the one making me walk up here. Where are we even going, anyway?"

I looked ahead.

"Close your eyes," I said.

"What? Why?" Eddie asked.

"It's a surprise. I'll lead you where we're going, okay?" I said.

"You want me to trust you not to push me down this hill? No way," Eddie replied. He took another puff of his inhaler. I stopped walking and he did the same.

"Quit it with that thing," I said. "Can't you overdose on those or something?"

"I don't know, probably, but that would take a lot of Albuterol," he replied.

"Albu-what?" I said. "Whatever. Just close your eyes and let me lead you. I promise I won't let you fall or anything," I said.

"Fine. If something happens, it's your fault," Eddie said.

"All my fault," I said in agreement before walking over to Eddie. He closed his eyes and I stepped behind him. I blushed lightly as I put my hands over his eyes. I could feel his face heat up.

"I'm not looking," Eddie said, trying to pull my hands off his face. I didn't let him.

"I gotta make sure, Eds."

"Don't push it, Tozier."

"Fine. Start walking."

Eddie did as I said and walked up the hill for the rest of the way. Once we were at the top, I turned him around a little and removed my hands from his face.

"Open," I said.

Eddie opened his eyes to see all of Derry covered in a golden-orange tone from the sunset ahead. He looked around for awhile.

"Wow..." Eddie said.

"Pretty, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah," Eddie said.

"Derry's pretty small, but your mom on the other hand-" I started.

"Don't ruin it."

I chuckled.

"Okay, Eddie Spaghetti," I said.

Eddie just rolled his eyes. I sat down and patted next to me for him to sit down.

"No, my allergies-" Eddie started.

"That's bullshit and you know it. You'll be fine," I said. Eddie sighed and then sat down next to me.

We sat in silence, watching the sunset for a while. This was my chance. I looked over at Eddie who looked even cuter than usual in the golden-orange lighting. He looked so content and I didn't want to distrust him, but what better time to act?

"Hey Eds..." I said nervously.

"Don't-" he started, but changed his mind. "Yeah, Rich?"

"Will you hold something for me?" I asked.

"What are you talking abou-" he stopped himself when I held out my empty hand. He blushed. "You want me to hold your... hand?"

"Uh... Yeah...?" I said, so nervous it sounded a bit like a question. My face was a bit red.

What if he thought I was weird? What if he made fun of me like others? What if he didn't feel the same way about me? What if-

I felt Eddie's small hand gently grab mine. I blushed harder, as did he. I smiled lightly to myself. Maybe he liked me like I liked him. I hoped he did.

We sat there for a few minutes. I figured I might as well say it. I was too deep in now not to. I may not get this opportunity again. Plus, we would be out of daylight soon and he would have to go home. Fuck it.

TO BE CONTINUED... cuz this is getting long and i guess this is a good stopping point lol