Heather ~ Richie x Male Reader P1

ik this is a pretty overused theme that youve seen somewhere at some point but yall dont request sooooooo (REQUEST PLZZZZZ) this is based on the song Heather by Conan Gray. i usually dont like popular songs but this song is fire and so is Conan Gray dont come for me saying im basic lol anyway here we go...(ur a Loser which is true for like almost all my oneshots but just so u know lol. also don't worry it's not gonna have a sad ending it'll be good cuz i can't do that to your lovely selves)

reader gender: male
word count: 856
character: Richie Tozier (16)
summary: Richie gets a girlfriend and (Y/n) has to deal with it, however he can't hold it in forever.

PART ONE:
Richie Tozier. The trashmouth of Derry. You had always loved him, but you hadn't always known exactly how. When you were younger, you saw him as a friend. A great friend. You knew you felt differently about him than your other friends, but you thought that was because he was your best friend.

However, you had started to realize that you felt differently about him than you had ever thought. You loved him. You were in love with him.

You knew it could never happen. You were both boys. He wouldn't feel the same way. He'd likely tell you that you were a gross, perverted sinner. You knew better than to tell him that. You would just have to be friends and you tried to make peace with that as much as you could.

Until her...

'I still remember
Third of December'

You and Richie were hanging out by yourselves. This wasn't an uncommon occurrence, but it still made you a bit nervous. You and Richie were hanging out at the quarry even though it was cold. You enjoyed sitting on the cliff to talk and joke.

Of course he did most of the joking. He was hilarious and you loved that about him. He never failed to have a sense of humor even in terrible situations. He never failed to entertain you with his humor or stories that he likely didn't tell completely true to what actually happened.

You loved to just watch and listen to him talk. He was so beautiful. His eyes were deep brown and you could stare at them forever. His laugh was one of your favorite things ever. You would sometimes laugh quieter so you could hear his laugh better. It always made you feel better.

"(Y/n)," Richie said. You realized you'd been staring at him. You broke your gaze and looked down, realizing you were cold.

"Yeah?" You asked.

"You okay? You were staring at me a lot and weren't responding. I mean, I know I'm hot, but there's no need to be jealous 'cause you don't look too bad yourself," Richie said. That warmed your heart. You chuckled slightly, a small blush dusting your face.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine. Just a little... uh... cold," you replied.

"Oh," Richie said, starting to remove his leather jacket (yes i made it a leather jacket instead of a sweater i just feel like it fits Richie better and it's part of bi culture so yea). He handed it to you. "Here."

"No, no, it's okay. You're probably cold, too. It's okay," you replied.

"Come on, I'll be fine," Richie said.

'Me in your sweater'

"Okay, fine. Thanks, Rich," you said, taking the jacket with a mental smile. You put it on and couldn't help but crack a small smile with your cheeks growing darker pink.

'You said it looked better on me than it did you
Only if you knew
How much I liked you'

"Yeah, no problem," Richie said. "It looks better on you anyway."

~<• el time skip •>~

'But I watch your eyes as she walks by
What a sight for sore eyes
Brighter than the blue sky
She's got you mesmerized while I die'

You and the Losers Club were at school right after it ended, talking. You were talking to Richie when she walked by. Heather Roether. She was the perfect girl of the school and everybody knew her. It was incredible she was still single. Well, not for long...

You saw Richie's eyes move to Heather. You knew he liked her. You could tell. He hasn't admitted it yet, though. Richie made sure to talk about her often, talking about how gorgeous she was. And she really was gorgeous; everyone could agree on that. But, you wished Richie would say that about you, not her.

And of course, she began to switch directions and walk over to you and the other Losers. You looked away as soon as she gave her perfect little smile to all of you. Why did she have to be so perfect?

"Hey, beautiful," Richie said. That stung.

"Hey," Heather said with a slight chuckle. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great. I'd be better if I could call you mine," Richie said.

That stung even more. You swallowed. This didn't mean she'd say yes. But of course...

"Aw that's sweet, Richie. I would like that," Heather said. You but your lip.

"Well, uh, I gotta get home and do the outrageous math homework. Bye," You said, starting to walk away to your bike.

"Hey, wait," Richie said. You stopped and hesitantly turned.

"Yeah?" You asked.

"I thought we were gonna hang out today. Like, all of us. Who gives a shit about fucking math? That shit won't even be helpful," Richie said.

"I'm pretty behind, so I need to get it done. Another time, though," you replied.

"Okay, fine," Richie said as you walked away and then biked home.

You cried lightly on the way. You knew this would happen eventually. He would get a girlfriend. You would have to accept it. But, you hadn't imagined it hurting this bad.

TO BE CONTINUED...