Death Comes

She wiped the tears away. She looked up and found the sky getting dark. People were waiting on her in the hall for dinner. But how did she know them? Pain gripped her head. 

Memories tugged in her mind. Something wasn't right here. 

She got up and head down a hallway. She entered a large room and some doors led to the dining hall. She needed to get there. She moved towards it but wasn't moving towards it. 

Aisling closed her eyes. She rubbed her face. She dreamed of a dark place. There were people around her but they faded away quickly. A dark shadow moved towards her. Its skeleton hand reached out to her.

A scream shattered her dream. Aisling bolted up on the small bed. She found herself in a small room. Its white walls and two doors looked familiar. She was kidnapped.  She fell back on the bed. What was that? What did she dream? Her mind tried to bring up images but they were too blurry. 

How long has she been here? Time was fading from her. What did they do to her? What did she miss?

"Aisling." Her eyes flew open. She gripped the blanket tighter. Cold air moved over her arm. Goosebumps. She looked over at the door. There was physical death. 

The color drained from her face. She moved back up the bed.

"What. What. Are you doing here?" 

Death reached out and opened the door. She looked between it and the door.

"Are. Are you helping me escape?" 

Death pointed out. She scrambled out of the bed and wrapped the sheet around her shoulders. She rushed out of the room and look down the hallway. 

Skeletons rose from the ground and looked at her. Reapers. She wondered. One waved her and she followed it through the hallways. 

When a person appeared a skeleton would fight them then somehow determine to kill the person or knock them out. The woman with the bright lipstick appeared. Her hair tossed as if she was sleeping.

"What the..." A skeleton grabbed her.

"Wait. I need to ask her something." Aisling said. The skeleton pushed her to the wall and held her there. She hurried over to the woman.

"Why did you want me? What is so special about my blood?" 

"What are you?"

"My blood! Why do you want it?"

"It's different from everything. You are immune from most diseases and your cells can fight any virus. You can have a cure for cancer and other things. Your the next kind of humanity." 

What the dead? She was a dumb scientist. Aisling couldn't stand evolves, who believed humans could evolve into something special. She never could see how humans evolved through history.

"I'm not the next kind human. I'm not evolved or whatever you think. In fact," Aisling looked at the skeletons and death. They were waiting on her. Shouts came down the hallway. 

"I'm not human. I don't know what I am. But that's what I plan to find out. Stay out of my life, idiots. There's a lot you don't know about the world."

She moved away and the skeleton put a hand on her throat and she went out. Her body fell to the grand. 

Aisling followed the dead to the elevators. Death appeared in front of her. 

"Do you know anything about my dad?" She asked.

"Richard." 

"Not my biological father." 

Death shook its head. She frowned. It knew nothing about her or her father.

"What do you not know?"

"Anything that was made to last forever. Or eternity. My knowledge is only of what lives and dies." 

A shot came from behind.

"You must go."

"But ---" Death vanished. 

The elevator opened and she hurried in. She pressed the bottom buttons. The door closed and she led back. Her head throbbed. She put a hand on her face. It felt hot. She tried fanning herself. 

The elevator opened on the ground floor. She peeked out and didn't see anyone. 

Aisling hurried out of the building. As she walked down the street people gave her looks. She asked someone for directions to a shelter and made her way there. At the shelter, there was a nice woman who helped her get some clothes and gave her some money. 

She used to money to get to her car. It was still there in a parking lot. Three days any longer and it wouldn't be here. She got the spare key and got into the car. 

Her head dropped onto the wheel. It's okay. I'm safe. Safe. Finally. 

Tears rolled down her face. She laughed. Unbelievable. Her life was upside down. The more she tried to find out who she was the more weird things happen. When would this all end? When she stopped looking or what? Was there a life for her to return to?

She jumped when she heard a knock on the window. She looked up to find a familiar yet unwanted face. Great, the day would not end.

She opened the door. 

"Hello, agent Rayon. Nice to see you again. Are you here about my kidnapping?"

He frowned. "Get out. An agent will bring you to the station."

"Okay." Aisling got out. "Oh, it would be wonderful if that person can get me another spare key for the car. As I'm sure you know I'll need it."

"Let's go."