Leaving Home Again

Her brother was doing so much better now. And she was jealous of him. She wanted what he had a secure job and someone that loves her.

But she had no idea about herself? Mom couldn't remember anything else. And she had no idea what to do next. She though death might help but he knew nothing about her or who her dad was because he had to be immortal.

Wait! She dropped her pencil. She looked at the roses she doodled. They're cool. If her dad is immortal and his name is Zeru then death had to know him but death wouldn't know she was his daughter. So she could get answers about her dad and maybe even meet him.

Just how could she do it.

She picked up the pencil and turned to a blank page. How could she go to Sudan with out them knowing? Or just tell them the truth?

Her hand tighten on the pencil. Her lines became darker. What other choice is there?

"Fine." She put down the pencil and picked up her phone. She took a moment to think about what to say then dialled.

"Hey agent Rayon. I'm ready to tell the truth. The complete truth."

"And what do you want in return."

"To go back. To the.. the caves of Sudan."

"You want to go back."

"Yes, I want to go back. I need to face it so I can move forward in my life."

The words rang  in her head. Face what? Death. No. Her dad. No. Her sucks up life. Yes. Was this really something she need to do to get out of the house? It's that why she chose to go to Sudan in the first place.

"Alright. Someone will pick you up tomorrow. Good night, Aisling. And take the pills tonight. You need your sleep." He hung up.

She bit her lip. The sting hurt but faded. That man pissed her off.  He told her she would be back. And that she would tell them what they wanted to know. What is she going to do now? Her stomach lurched and she felt sick. She would have to tell them again she was leaving.

She pushed her stuff away and put her head on the top. The smoothness of the wooden desk didn't reflect her life.

Aisling pushed herself out of the chair. Best to get this over with. She peeked in her parents room and no one was there. She turned around and walked down the hallway to the stairs and went down.

Dad was in the living room watching a documentary. I got this. She walked over to her dad and sat down on the couch.

"Where are the kids?" She played with her hands.

"Outside with your mom." They sat watching. Dad watched. Aisling looked around at their new place. It was nice there were large windows that overlooked the backyard. It had no curtains, maybe mom didn't want any here.

Two couches face each other with a table between the. And the couch she was on faced the wall with the in wall shelves and the tv sat inside. Books lined the shelves on either side of the tv and below were boardgames, other games, and toys for guests with little kids.

Dam, Dan the youngest is seven. It felt like forever when they had toys all over the house. Time really does fly.

"Dad," Aisling said.

Dad paused the documentary. She strached at her jeans.

"They have some more questions for me. The agents so I'll be leaving tomorrow. In the morning. I...I might have not told them everything. But now... now I'm ready to be truthful with them. They'll have me show them something so I don't know how long I'll be long."

Dad sighed. He squeezed her shoulder.

"Okay, I'm not happy. And Lara and Dan can't be played with. Your destroying their trust in you." Aisling gripped her legs and bit inside her lip. The pain hurt.

"This better be the last time this year. You have one more year to finish to get your bachelors degree. Please, finish your education."

"I know. I'm sorry. Things just out of hand. And. I've been dealing with some personal stuff. I promise I'll finish with the people and come back home."

She hope she could keep the promise. Her family wanted her to have a good life.

"Are you going to tell mom? Or should I?"

"I'll tell her. You go pack." She got up.

"What time?"

"I'm not sure. He just said in the morning. Guess I'll have to call back and ask."

"Alright." She left her dad looking at the screen. What a wonderful day. At least she was with the entire family yesterday and meet Mick's girlfriend. She was perfect maybe to good for her brother.