Home Again

Aisling fell on her familiar bed. Home again. And her parents getting another talk from the same agents from National Army Protection. This will put mom in a bad mood. This is just wonderful. Not.

She rolled over. The ceiling was just boring. Nothing interested her anymore. She couldn't make anything out.

She rolled onto her side. Her window over the backyard and their neighbors. Their lives were much better than her own. They would have everyday things to deal with and not anything mythical. 

She hid her face in the blanket. Why me? Who am I? A strong beautiful woman. Her mom's words. A dreamer, artist, and designer. Her words. Is that all she is or is there more to it than that? 

She looked back at the ceiling. Nothing was helping. 

She got out of bed and pick up her purse. She put it on the desk and began to take things out. As she lifted out the notebook with research she looked at it. The purse was dropped to the ground and she say down. Opening up the notebook she looked over what she learned. 

Looking between the myths and mom's answers something tugged at her mind. There was something familiar about the names of the legend and myth. 

Death was real. If it was real and her mom described Zeru just like the one in the myth then that must be him. Then all of it is true. All of the stories about the beginning and flood are true. 

Her head dropped into her hands. What am I then? If I'm a daughter of a ruler. Does that make me half-human or not human at all? 

Shot, death could help her. Except she can't go anywhere without the agents finding out. Great.

She got up and stretched. She would go and help mom out. Aisling left the room and arrived downstairs as the agents were leaving. The man and woman threw her glances. 

"Bye." She said quietly. Mom and dad were in the kitchen sitting at the table. 

She stood in the doorway. 

"Mom. Dad." The kids came running into the house.

"Aisling. Your home." Lara leaped on her pulling her into a hug.

"Hey, how was the park?" She said.

"Awesome. I learned how to shot a ball into the hoop. And Dan and I got a sticker from a cop."

"Really, that is awesome." 

"Yeah, why are you back so fast? I thought you were going to be gone all summer. Did something happen to you again?"

"Yeah, you're smart. Are you doing your summer work?" 

Lara frowned. 

"Yeah."

"A cop gave me this." Dan showed his sticker. 

"That's cool. Did he tell you anything?" 

"He told us about how to tell if the cop is real or not," Dan said. 

"Nice." Seriously, that's how they stalled the kids from coming home. 

"Mom can I watch something," Lara asked.

"Yes, something both of you can watch." Mom said.

"I want to watch Dinos," Dan said walking to the living room.

As the kids decided on a movie Aisling went into the kitchen. Dad left the room. 

"Where did dad go?"

"I don't know." 

"So what are we making for dinner?" 

"Heating up leftovers from lunch." They both work in silence. After Aisling set up the table she sat at the island counter. The food would soon be done.

"How Nick?" 

"He is doing much better. He has a girlfriend. I asked him to bring her this weekend. He has an electrician job already."

"That's amazing." A lot better than her right now. Of course, mom would be upset. She was doing so well with school and work until now.