Meeting Death Again

It was morning but much better then the first time going in. She waited on the team to check their radios before they would enter the cave.

They were ready and the leader Michael went in. There were two women and three guys going in. She was in the middle with a woman in front and behind her. This time a she had was a light backpack and no weapons. It wasn't like she would shoot anyone but there was little trust in her.

They didn't stop to look at the columns. Or enjoy the last rays of sunlight before going deeper into the caves. It was all about the goal.

Aisling crossed her arms. It was colder than she remembered. After a long time they came to the large open cavern.

"Which way did you go?" Michael ask.

"Left." She said rolling her eyes. Why ask when you knew? She felt useless and used. No cared about her only her parents.

She tighten her arms around her. It was so much colder than last time. Should she says something? No.

It felt much more longer than the first time the hallway. They entered the large room and stopped. The soldiers scanned the area with their light.

"So where's the fire?" Michael asked.

"I don't know. It just appeared." She clinched her teeth.

She wished they weren't here. It still scared her. The dark felt much more heavy. She focused on her breathing. A cold air drifted past her. She took a few steps forward. Everyone was in front of her.

One light of fire appeared. Everyone looked at it. Below it a shadow grew and turn into an almost human figure.

The shadow moved to Michael to fast to comprehend.

"Why did you come?" It hissed.

"To see if you're real." Michael said.

"Lier." A voice spoke out of the darkness. The death with it book appeared. In it's other hand it had something like a spear only the tip was as long as a ...

"Who are you?" Michael asked.

Death turned it's hooded face to him.

"Death. And only two of you will live."

"What?" Questions where asked by the team.

Metal scraped some in the distance. Aisling stranded to hear the noise. She kept glancing into the darkness as death told Michael what to say to his commander.

There was not enough light to see what was going on in the darkness. Aisling closed her eyes. There was something here.

Fear held her frozen. In. Out. In. Out.

"I don't believe you." Michael said.

Aisling opened her eyes. A sword out of the shadow came and pierce three of the soldiers. Only Michael and a woman were standing.

"Leave." Death lifted it's spear.

Michael's face went white. He and the woman flied.

Death turned to her.

"Aisling." It looked at her. The shadow vanished.

"Yes." Aisling said, "How are you?"

"Why are you here?"

She took a deep breath. She rubbed her goosebumps. Metal scraped somewhere. It was hard to make it out.

"I think you know you might dad might be."

It head tilted. It was waiting.

"My mom meet a stranger at a bar. His name was Zeru. She said he was strange and gave off a sense of power. He asked her a lot about the world as if he didn't know anything. You said I'm immortal. I looked up stories about the past. Several of them mention you and several immortal beings. The beings left but is it possible for them to come a visit this world. To talk with the people?"

"Yes. If the stars align then they can visit this world for a certain amount of time."

"Could Zeru have visited?"

"No," Death hissed.

"Are you sure. You said if the stars align he could have visited. How long ago did his stars align?"

"He doesn't need to have the stars align. He is the keeper of the sky he could visit when he wants."

Dam. "Um, is there... what about... What if he visited during a certain time? Did anything strange happen in the sky recently?"

"There has been a death of a world. Many souls have left the physical world for another. But why would he came?"

"I don't know. Couldn't you sense him in the world? Both of you were created at the same time."

"There was a strange presence a while ago."

"How long is a while in my time? How many years?"

"Twenty-three years. But why would he come?"

"I don't know. Could...is it. Is it possible for me to be his daughter?"

Death seemed to be looking into her. She shiver. There was a variety in the darkness under the hood. She could almost make out the jaw of the skeleton.

Her body shivered. Cold air touched her teeth as she breathed in.

"It is possible. But why?"

She clinched her teeth. She didn't have any answers. Couldn't death understand that? She didn't know!

"I don't know."

"What about your mother, Ana?"

Didn't he, it under--- Screw this.

"I don't know. And nether does my mom. He was just some strange she meet in a bar. The only person who can know is you. You were born with him. You live together for millennia. You know him better than me. You think of a reason he would come." She shouted at him.

Death took a step. Silence greeted her. Screech. Aisling flinched. The sound hurt. And it was much closer.

She darted a look around. The darkness was thick. The one fire wasn't enough to show what was around her.

The book and spear vanished from death's hands.

"I don't understand." Death said.

Dam, death was useless.

"Fine, I'll leave you alone. If you do fingure it out. You know were to find me."

She turned to leave. Death didn't stop her. She still had so many questions for it but the place scared her. The darkness to much.

She walked back alone and aware of it. There was no here for her. No one helping her. She thought Rayon would be here with her, even if she hated him.

No one understood what she wanted. What did she want? Why keep on pursuing her past?

Could she live forever without answers?

She wiped the tears from her face.

She could be strong. But why. For her family. She had to return to her family. They accepted her. Even if they didn't know everything about her. Family is all that matters.

Aisling came out of the cave much more determine. She was going home.