People of the Palace

She slipped into the hallway and stayed out of people's ways. She peeked into a main hallway. There were many people hurrying with trays and items. She moved down through the side hallways.
The darkness was familiar. She accepted it and when were ever her body pulled her.

Aisling came to a room that was connected to four hallways. There was Matt looking down a hallway.

"Matt." Aisling smiled.

He turned to her. His eyes were wide with surprise.

"Aisling. How are you?"

"Good. What's going on?"

"There's a banquet tonight. Ry has declared today a celebration."

"Celebration for what?"

Matt shrug his shoulders.

"It doesn't matter. He will reveal in time."
"O, so, what are you doing?"

"Trying to find Mya. She has ran away from Naba her keeper."

Matt head down a hallway and she followed.

"Keeper? What's a keeper?"

"Naba is a keeper of children. She watches the children when the parents can't."

"Okay. What's Mya like?"

"What?" Matt glanced back at her.
"What does she like? Are there places she loves her?"

Matt paused. He looked thoughtful.

"A, yes." He hurried past her back they way they came. She hurried after him.

They entered a small courtyard. There were three large trees and around them were bushes going down to small flowers that lined the paths.

She found the plants were always interestingly placed throughout the palace. Aisling wondered who planted them.

"Please, help me find her." Matt said rushing to the farthest tree.

Aisling moved to the closet one. She pushed aside leafs and looked behind the bushes. She pushed leafs away and stepped on grassy patches. She pushed her way to the tree. Braches scraped her arms.

As she pulled from the last bushes she found a small girl staring up at her. Her green eyes were wide and mouth was opened. The girl didn't appear to be no more than five years old but she couldn't be sure.

"Hello," Aisling smiled. "So do you want to leave. I can't hold the bushes for long."

The girl darted under her and to the path.

"Mya, your father's calling you."

Aisling joined them in returning.

They were in front of the main hall, were the greats had dinner. Aisling felt nerves. She crossed her arms.

They doors were open.

There were people inside. A large table filled the middle of the room. Very fine looking people sat there. A few steps up on either side were short tables and the people their wore simpler clothes.

At the end of the room. Rised above the others was a table with the best food. But she couldn't see anyone. There was a white curtain behind the table. Shadow of people, the greats, the rulers of the elements, were there.

She felt her stomach drop. Her mouth dried. What did they think of her missing the dinner? Where they upset with her?

She closed her eyes. She didn't want to be here. She took a deep breath.

"Mya." A voice boomed.

Aisling's eyes flew open. Ry stood before her looking down at the girl. The little girl jumped and latched onto her dress.

"I'm sorry." Mya said.

"Come here child." Ry said in a much softer and gentle tone.

The girl unfurled from her and ran to the  man who looked much different than her. Her brown didn't match his light blond hair. And her green eyes much different to his golden eyes. There was nothing the same in the faces.

Ry pick up Mya and held her to his chest. Mya giggled. He looked up at her. His eyes narrowed.

"Who are you?"

Her head pound. She felt like headed. Matt disappeared. Nothing felt really. It all felt like a dream.

A dream she couldn't control.

"Aisling." The word slipped out of her mouth.

"Who are you? I haven't seen you before."

"I'm. I don't know. I thought I was mortal, but death say I'm not."

Mya's eyes widened with fear. Ry stared at her.

"What. Death. You spoke with him."

She nodded. "Yes."

Her head hurt. Vision blurred. She lifted a shaking hand to her head.

"Is...is Zeru, here?" She asked.

She slipped into darkness. What is happening? Who am I?