Cave The Date

(I kind of forget about Violet halfway through, so just imagine she's there for the beginning and then asleep during the restaurant stuff)

Arabella's POV

I was in the Man Cave with Schwoz, Charlotte, Violet, and my mom. Charlotte was reading a book, Schwoz was playing chess with himself, Mary was reading a book to Violet, and I was on my laptop checking out Julliard and what it has to offer. Graduation is coming up soon and I need to give the school an answer on whether I am going or not, and I would really like to go. The school has everything I want for the possible career I want to pursue in life and it's been my dream to become a professional singer or actor. The only thing holding me back is Henry, how he feels about this is the most important thing in the world. If he says I should stay, then I stay, if he says I go, then I will. This whole thing has been stressing me out for so long, I haven't been able to sleep cause of the anxiety it's caused. I'm gonna try to tell him today when he, Jasper, and my dad get back soon, they went to go throw melons at that abandoned house people through melons on. As much as I wanted to go, I've been so stressed about the Julliard thing I haven't had time to do anything else. I'm so exhausted, why is my life so complicated?

I ignored Schwoz as he played chess with himself until he spit his tea out and I gave him a look.

"Do you ever get bored playing chess against yourself?" I asked him with a yawn.

"No I don't," he denied. "But I sometimes do."

My phone buzzed and I saw I got a message from Henry, saying he and the guys are returning.

I groaned, "the guys are coming back!"

Charlotte and my mom groaned at this before both getting up and tossing their books in the shredding machine.

"Why did you two do that?" Schwoz asked them.

"Ray gets mad whenever people do smart stuff in front of him," my mom remarked. "He even doesn't like it when I read to Violet, he's the only one who can."

"Give me the chessboard," Charlotte ordered Schwoz as I closed my laptop and put it under the table.

"But I got myself right where I want me," Schwoz protested.

"You'll get yourself next time," Charlotte told him and gestured again before Schwoz handed her the chessboard and pieces. Charlotte dumped the board and pieces into the shredding machine, where the board got shredded.

"Where were they anyway?" Schwoz asked as Charlotte dumped the rest of the pieces into the shredding machine with my mom.

"They went to throw melons at the abandoned house that people throw melons at," I explained to him.

"Without me?" Schwoz pouted with his teacup and kettle in hand, "But I've been saving melons for months."

I looked over at the pile of old and nasty melons Schwoz has been collecting for months. I grimaced at the sight before looking away.

"They should be back soon, I just asked them to swing by my house and pick up my phone charger on their way back," Charlotte informed us and I looked up at her with wide eyes.

That's a bad idea. They need adult supervision.

"You sent Ray, Henry, and Jasper to your house with no adult supervision?" Schwoz questioned her with me and my mom giving her a look.

"That's a terrible idea," my mom told her.

"What's the problem?" Charlotte shrugged before the elevator doors opened and in walked Henry, my dad, and Jasper with ratted clothes with ashes all over them and messed up hair.