Escape Room

Arabella's POV

"Yo, yo, yiggity, yo!" Jasper greeted as he walked out of the elevator.

"Yo!" My dad said.

"Yo!" Charlotte added.

"Yiggity!" Schwoz continued.

"Yo!" My mom and I finished with a smile before I looked back at Violet, who was in my arms. She was very bouncy and active today, which never happens, but it's great.

Her blue eyes are beaming and her smile is contagious.

Today was sort of a big day for my dad because there's a huge grand opening for this escape room and my dad and Henry are gonna go to it. I want to go, but at the same time, I don't have the brainpower to complete escape rooms. I usually let other people do that work and just pretend I did something to help.

Charlotte was currently sharpening my dad's giant scissors on a large sharpening machine, so my dad can cut the large ribbon at the opening.

(Tell me what that thing is called, please. Like what is it?)

My dad is only interested in cutting the ribbon at events like this. For some reason, cutting a piece of thread is more exciting to him than the actual event itself.

I mean, it is satisfying to watch the ribbon get cut in half.

"Yo, Charlotte, you don't look busy, can you help me with my ho-ho-higgity-homework?" Jasper asked Charlotte, who was busy sharpening the scissors.

"I would love to, but I have to sharpen Ray's giant si-si-siggity-" Charlotte paused and sighed. "His scissors, his giant scissors, I'm sorry I couldn't keep it going."

"I can help you, hun," My mom offered Jasper, walking up to him.

Jasper smiled, "thanks, Mary! Hey, you got another grand opening today? You love those."

My dad approached him while exercising his arm, "sure do. I love the fanfare, love that new store smell."

"You love making every grand opening about yourself?" I questioned, getting up and standing by him.

"Shush, Cookie," he said with his finger on my lips and I rolled my eyes as Jasper walked by us.

The elevator doors opened and Henry walked in, "yo-yo-yiggity-yo!"

"That's my line, big dawg!" Jasper called as the rest of us berated him about his entrance line.

"Jasper already used that entrance line," my dad informed Henry.

"Oh, uh, howdy duty... my little-" he paused and I raised an eyebrow. "Cuties."

I groaned with the others as he finished and shook my head.

"Please stop talking," Jasper pleaded.

"That was horrible," Charlotte cringed.

"Never again," my mom said.

"Don't do that again," my dad told him.

"If you ever say the word "cutie" again, and you're not referring to the little oranges, I will rip out your tongue," I threaten him and he chuckled, rubbing my back.

"Noted, honey," he said and noticed the scissors. "Ugh, is that the grand opening scissors?"

"That's right," my dad smiled.

"We have another grand opening?" Henry asked.

"You betcha butt, we do," my dad remarked and Henry furrowed his eyebrows, walking past us. I followed until I sat on the couch again.