Double Date Danger

Arabella's POV

I was at Mary's house and we were in her room. Tonight was her and my dad's first date and Henry and I were gonna tag along, because my dad was beyond nervous about this. Mary was nervous too, but not as much as my dad. Last time I saw him, he was talking to himself in the mirror and sweating like a dog.

I've never seen my dad like this, but it's a good sign because it just shows how much he likes Mary. It's sweet actually, despite how much sweat was on him.

We were gonna go to a karaoke place called Karaoke Dokie and Mary and I were planning on singing a song together.

I was wearing a cute blue dress with a floral design on it and my hair was in a high ponytail and my makeup was light, only consisting of mascara and lipgloss. Mary was wearing a black skirt and a white top with her hair curled and her makeup was done nicely.

We looked good.

"I hope you father likes this." Mary mentioned as she flattened out her skirt.

"You could wear a potato sack and he would still think you're beautiful." I remarked, "you're fine."

"I hope so." She smiled before the doorbell. "Oh, they're here!"

She grabbed me and began to panic. "Go answer it for me!"

"I could, if you let me go." I smile at her and she released me.

"Sorry." She quickly apologized and smiled.

"Mary, calm down." I tell her and she sighed. "It's not good for you go get this stressed out."

She nodded, "you're right. You're right. I'm freaking out for no reason."

She picked up her purse and her phone and grabbed my hand.

"Alright, then let's go." I conclude, grabbing my phone and purse.

We walked down the steps and I went up to the door, answering it.

My father and Henry stood there, pretending to look cool. Mary and I stood there as they looked at us.

"Hello ladies." My dad greeted and winked at Mary, "your handsome dates have arrived."

"And we're ready to give you both a good time." Henry finished.

"Please don't." I begged them and they straightened up, "just please."

Henry rolled his eyes and I kissed his cheek. "It was a good rhyme."

"Keep telling yourself that." I grin and he wraps his arm around me.

Mary and my dad were awkwardly greeting each other and their faces were bright red.

"Um..." My dad trailed off nervously and gulped. "Look you great. I mean great you look. Ah, I mean-"

My dad began to panic and Mary giggled, awkwardly.

"He means you look pretty, Mary." Henry chimed in and my dad nodded, rubbing his neck and his face was bright red from embarrassment.

"Thank you." Mary smiled, "um, shall we go."

"Let's do that." I suggest, before Henry led me out the door and my dad led Mary out.

I hope my dad can get through the night without passing out from panic.

——

We arrived at Karaoke Dokie and we had just ordered our food. Mary and I signed up for the singing competition and I think we have a good chance of winning. There were some good singers, but they didn't have the best voices.