Budget Cuts

Arabella's POV

Do you know what the hardest thing a child could hear about their parents? Knowing that your own birth mother didn't want you, which is what my mother did to me. Henry told me everything that happened after Drex controlled me and that my own birth mother didn't want me. Along with me sacrificing myself to Drex, so that my dad and Henry could live. I would do that, I would give myself to Drex so my dad and Henry could live.

I'm very angry about my birth mother and what she did to me, but I'm not gonna let myself get to it. That was sixteen years ago and I have a nice family now, so why worry about it. I should focus on the present and what's gonna happen in the future.

Besides, I should focus on getting Mary and my dad together. They've met and really connected, which made me really happy and hopeful that I could possibly have a mother in my life. It seems like my dad likes her, because he brings her up constantly and Mary seems a lot happier then usually. It's nice to see Mary so happy and that my dad is basically over Mrs. Hart.

I was in the Man Cave with everyone and my dad was discussing budget cuts with us. Recently, the vice mayor had decided to cut ninety percent of our budget and none of us liked it. The only reason it's cut is because the vice major has decided to build a high speed railroad that costs ten billion dollars and this causes our budget to be cut. So now, our crime fighting budget is limited and things are changing around here.

I'm not saying we need money, but like, its nice to have around.

"Today in the Man Cave we're gonna be talking about budget cuts." My dad began as he showed a picture of budget cuts on the screens. "What does it mean?"

Charlotte raised her hand.

"Charlotte?"

"That our budget's been cut?" She replied.

"Yes. And since the city of Swellview isn't gonna be giving us nearly enough money to fight crime anymore, we're gonna need to make some changes around here." My dad concluded and I rested my head on Henry's shoulder, which made him hold my hand.

"Oh, show them what you made me do to shnack machine!" Schwoz smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"I was just about to talk about that! God!" My dad snapped. "The Auto-Snacker is no longer free. As I will now demonstrate." My dad put his hand on the snacker. "Tuna Pot Pie."

"Tuna Pot Pie. Fifteen dollars.

"Fifteen dollars?"

"For a pot pie! Dude!"

"Come on!"

"It's worse the second time ya hear it!"

"Well, tough tuna!" My dad interrupted, "we don't have enough money for employees to get free food anymore."

I raised my hand.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I live here." I objected, "why do I have to pay?"

"I live here too, so we both have to suffer the consequences." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes putting my head back down and Henry patted my thigh. "'Now, next." He switched the screen to 'bathroom fees.' "Going to the bathroom here will no longer be free."

"What?!"

"Is that even legal?!"

"I gotta pay to use my own toilet?!"

"You're gonna charge us to pee?!" Charlotte asked.

"Well, yeah! Stuff like water, toilet paper, and cheese cost money!" My dad argued.