Holey Moley

Arabella's POV

Sometimes I think my dad's narcissism is a bit out of control, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I love my father, but he spent three-hundred thousand dollars on a painting of himself and it's very interesting to say the least. Mary thought it was great, because it featured her more than any of us. It was a painting of my dad as a centaur holding a thunderbolt and Mary was a pregnant goddess leaning against him, while the rest of us were angels with our faces plastered on them.

It was beautifully painted, but I wonder if this was a dream my dad had and wanted it to come to life. Just like the dream I had of Henry proposing to me and it freaked me out, but it's a dream and anything could happen in dreams.

Schwoz, Charlotte, and I were pushing the painting out of the elevator while my dad and Mary just supervised and led us where to go. My dad ordered Mary to not lift anything heavy or anything in general, because he's worried the baby will 'break' and won't survive. It's cute how concerned he is, but it's a little overboard.

"Are we seriously here on a Saturday morning-"

"Use your core as much as possible!" My dad told us and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't tell me to use my core," Schwoz remarked as we set down the painting and I huffed.

"I ain't got no core," I told him. "Or any muscle on me."

"Am I gonna have to do this thing myself?" My dad asked us.

"Ray, don't be hard on them," Mary advised him.

"Please!"

"Go ahead!"

"Yes!"

"Well, I don't wanna," my dad told us. "Now take off the sheet and let me see it.

Charlotte, Schwoz, and I took off the sheet and the large portrait was revealed.

"Turn it on please," my dad asked us and I rolled my eyes, turning on the sunlight in the photo and my dad's eyes glowed red in it. Now to mention the horrendous music and guitar that was added to it. I gave my dad a weird look when he pretended to play an air guitar and rock out to the music. "Best two hundred thousand dollars I ever spent."

"Woah!"

"How much!"

"Hold up!"

"More like worst," I remarked.

"Ah, you got me," my dad said. "It was three hundred thousand."

"Ray!" Mary scolded.

"Let's hang this beast of a master piece!" My dad announced and walked over to the wall. He picked up a large nail and a hammer and placed the nail on the wall. "Hammer strike!"

He hit the hammer on the nail and this caused part of the wall to collapse and create a hole into a mysterious looking tunnel.

All of us looked inside the tunnel with curiosity.

"Call Henry," my dad told us. "On the phone."

Na, I think I'll use a banana instead.

——

I called Henry and he picked up.

"Hey, princess, what's up?" He greeted.

"So, my dad wanted me to call you-"

"Don't tell Henry!"

"Tell him to hurry!"

"You can tell him about the painting!"