Meet Cute Crush

Arabella's POV

I was at my vocal session with Mary at the moment and it was getting quite personal, like really personal.

I've told her everything that I've been going through, the notes I got before, my self-esteem issues, body images problems, and just life in general. Mary is a guidance counselor, so she's able to help me out with these problems. She's so compassionate and kind toward everyone, it's surprising her husband left her a couple years ago.

"When I'm dealing with hard times and feel like I can't talk to anyone, I write down my feelings." Mary told me and she handed me a small notebook. "This book is filled with all my feelings I couldn't talk about."

I stroked the notebook and she gave me a sympathy smile. "Is your ex husband in here?"

"Oh yeah, he's got an entire section in there." She nodded and I saw her face soften for a second. I could see pain inside her eyes and hundreds of words that are left unspoken. "But, this isn't about me, it's about you."

"Mary, if you need to talk to me, I'm here." I assured her, "you've helped me, let me help you."

She gave me a soft smile, "I appreciate that, Bella, but I've decided to shut that part of me off and I personally don't want to go into it."

I nodded and handed her, her book back.

Maybe my father can help her out.

"So, you've just completely let go of the thought of dating?" I asked her and she grinned, chuckling.

"Not exactly," she replied, "I don't want to shut the doors on any man that wants to open my broken heart, but all they do is break it down."

"Makes sense." I remarked, "but not all men are like that."

"I know, but I just haven't met a man who's willing to love me and not break me." She told me and I nodded.

"Maybe you'll meet him one day." I grinned.

"Maybe." She shrugged.

"Hey...wanna meet my dad?" I bluntly asked her and I saw her brown eyes light up.

"What?"

"Meet my dad." I smiled, "Ray Manchester. You've mentioned it before, remember?"

"I remember, but I was joking." She shrugged, casually looking away. "But, I mean, you're my client and he's your dad, so it's important."

"Yeah, definitely." I agreed and her cheeks turned red. "He's a great man."

"Really?" She said and I nodded, "what's he like?"

I chuckled, "he's an interesting creature. He's a little egotistical, but he cares about me and the people he works with very much. He's weird and quirky like myself, and he has a protective nature over everyone."

"Nice." She said and I giggled. "Well, talk to your father and we'll see."

"Alrighty." I smiled softly at her. "I'll do that."

——

Later, I was back in the Man Cave with Charlotte and we were watching Lauren's Money Saving Makeup Tips. I was mainly watching it, because of how funny it was to watch Lauren apply things to her face that wasn't makeup, and to see her cringe and be disgusted.

I took Mary's advice and I went out and bought a small notebook to write down my thoughts and feelings. I already have three pages filled with my feelings, and it felt really good to let all of that out onto a piece of paper.

 I already have three pages filled with my feelings, and it felt really good to let all of that out onto a piece of paper