005: The show begins

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you take a deep breath. it's happening. it's real. you're going on your first ever love or host and you are NOT going to freak out. 

ok? ok, good.

you let your mouse hover over the button before you press it to join the zoom call. only to realize that you're the first one there. but you're only five minutes or so early? you sigh and mute before eating a piece of bread, only slightly confused.

you overthink everything, including going on the show, while chewing, and are so lost in your own thoughts that don't even realize that someone else has joined the call. until you hear them speak up that is. 

"hi?", it's a male. you slightly jump in your chair, heart racing and mentally deadpan at your own reaction before looking over at the screen. you blush at your own reaction knowing that your webcam is on. and you're sitting there. eating a piece of bread. with nothing on it. 'great start Y/n' you think sarcastically. then you look over at your screen to see who it is. and holy fuck.

it's the man himself. Karl-fucking-Jacobs.

you quickly unmute to greet him back. "hello", you hear that you sound even more monotone than usual and grimace before remembering that he can still see you.

how graceful of you. now you'll be voted out in the first round based on your luck. it hasn't even begun yet, how the honk are you doing so badly already? that shouldn't even be possible, yet you have managed to do it anyways.

"hey", he says again, more confidently this time, a smile plastered on his face. "what's your name?", he asks cheerfully.

"oh, my name is Y/n", you answer, trying to put more emotion in your words this time. it seems to work as he continues the conversation.

after what could only have been a minute another person joins the call. 'JustaMinx'. you wonder who that could be when Karl interrupts your thinking process.

"MINX?! how'd you get on here? wait no, forget I asked" he says before laughing at himself.

Minx on the other hand is staring dead into the camera, not moving a muscle. you don't get scared, more like concerned for Karl's sake. you don't know why, but you feel like she is 'bark and no bite', that kind of person.

you slightly shake your head, smiling at Karl's comment, momentarily forgetting to be concerned over the fact that he seems to already know her.

more people join in as the stream is about to start. Austin quickly tells everyone the rules and conditions of being here, then vaguely introduces everyone before letting us know which of Karl's friends are joining us for the first round.

"Hola mamacitas", an auto-tuned voice calls out.

you deadpan, physically this time, when you realize who it is. big Q.

Quackity.

or optionally, the weirdest bitch on this earth.

this will definitely turn out to be a long round. you roll your eyes before shifting your focus back to the show. it's now or never.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙