048: Eggs and noodles

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"aw, not monopoly man" Tommy turns to Tubbo with a groan.

"what? what's wrong with monopoly?" Tubbo asks with an uncertain, but big, smile.

"that game sucks" Tommy crosses his arms, then continues. "i wanna play something cool, like Minecraft"

"I quite like monopoly" you chime in, causing everyone to turn their gazes towards you.

"me too, actually" Jack appears out of nowhere, making you jump three feet in the air.

you clutch your hand over your heart. "Jack!" you exclaim, slightly out of breath.

"what?" he asks.

"you scared the living shit out of me" you widen your eyes at him.

"okay, sorry then," he says ironically. "anyways, I wanna play monopoly now"

Tommy scrunches up his nose in pure disgust. "you're all so boring. why play monopoly when you could play Minecraft?"

"uh, because playing Minecraft is most literally our job and we do it all the time?" you outsmart him pretty quickly and confidently. like, it's so easy getting bored of what you do every day, that's why you need to change it out sometimes, do other stuff.

Tommy grunts and mutters something inaudible. you just hope it's not horrible insults directed towards you. you take a deep breath, catching the scent of the wet grass, the late winter air, and the chlorine from the pool. if only every day was like this. but they aren't, sadly. you sigh.

"let's go inside then and dry up before playing, cause I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel like ruining the floors today" you give them a crooked smile and turn on your heel to walk into the house.

~~~

you were almost ready to begin playing the game with Tommy, Tubbo, and Jack, just like you said you would, but of course, there had to be a fight about something. well, somewhat of a fight.

"but I want to be the car" Tommy groans and looks longingly at the small metal figurine.

"yeah, well, I took it first, so suck it up" Tubbo bites back and places down the piece of metal on the starting square, rather forcefully.

you look at him with wide eyes, in pure and complete shock of his sudden sassiness. "uh, I'm taking the finger thingy..." you sound way more uncertain than you'd like to.

"I'll just take whatever is left," Jack says with a gesture that says he's fully given up on this shit. not that you're surprised with it, Tommy is quite a handful on his own, and with Tubbo? that can only end in chaos.

you sigh. there's been a lot of sighing on this trip so far. "can we just play the game already?" you ask them with raised brows and a hopeless expression.

"yeah, but Tubbo is still a dickhead" Tommy mutters.

"okay, whatever, you can think that. let's play?" you propose with pinched lips and raised brows. you look at everyone, one at a time.