040: Boats

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"goodnight Techno" you wave him off as he walks into his, so far, own room.

"night" he replies and you smile before walking off, going into your shared room with Niki just across the hall.

you just have to pray to Zeus that you don't sleepwalk again because ending up in anyone else's bed would be pretty darn embarrassing.

~~~

you didn't end up in anyone's bed. you ended up in the pool. yup. you wake up from the splashing sound of your body hitting the water's surface, feeling like your skin just got stung with thousands of microscopic needles.

you gasp in shock, but you're underwater so no air reaches your lungs. you panic your way up to the surface again to cough up all the water you just inhaled.

"what the fuck" you say and look up to the sky to see what time it is. it's still pitch black out, hundreds of stars glowing against the darkness of the universe. you have to admit, it's quite beautiful despite the circumstances.

"hello?" a voice echo. you hear footsteps approaching the pool. "y/n? what the fuck are you doing in the pool?" Dream asks you, standing just a few centimeters away from the edge.

"ah, well you see..." you scratch your neck, a bit flustered. "I sleepwalk and I woke up as I fell in the pool" you lower your eyes from his, staring at his awfully ugly shoes. why does he wear those?

his eyes widen quickly. "wait, what? you could've drowned, you know that right?" he exclaims.

"yeah, well, I didn't. I never have before so that's also something" you look back up at him, suddenly more confident. "what are you doing up then?"

"I heard a loud splash and wanted to look if we were getting robbed, but turns out it's just you, casually drowning yourself in the pool," he says, getting more engaged towards the end, using hand gestures. then he sighs and facepalms. "I should lock the doors at night" he mutters.

"yeah," you say, matter-of-factly. "can you turn around or something? that would be really helpful" you say, as you're in very see-through clothes right now due to the water making the thin fabric rather transparent.

"yeah, sorry uh, I'll just-" he stutters and points to somewhere behind him before turning around.

"thank you. now please walk away so I can get to a goddamn bathroom" you order.

"what? no way" then he thinks about it. "okay. well, don't drown yourself again. deal?" he asks, still facing the other way.

"deal," you say and shiver unwillingly. darn, the UK really is cold. this was not the march whether you are used to, growing up in phoenix.

Dream walks away, and you take notice of what he's wearing. which, oddly enough, is a white sweatshirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. how do people sleep with so much clothing on? you wonder as you get out of the pool, dripping wet.

"hmpf," you make a sound somewhere between a grunt and a sigh. time to sneak in without anyone else waking up and catching you. going inside the living room, you peek out the open part of the wall, marking out where the door would be if it was a bedroom, to see if there's anyone nearby.