025: Cuddles

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"nooo, I don't want to" you whine. the movie was over and techno was arguing for you to go to bed.

"you have to sleep" he argues. yeah, you know you have to sleep? but you don't want to. it's ridiculous to spend your short visit sleeping. he just doesn't understand.

"it's fine, my sleep schedule is fucked anyways" you laugh. you see a smile twitch at the corner of his mouth, but he fights it and looks you dead in the eye, despite his social awkwardness.

"and I'll fix that. now sleep" he demands. you stare back at him for a second or two, before your eyes start watering and you look away.

"dang it" you mutter under your breath with a sour expression.

"I'll take that as a sign of retreat," he says proudly. 'what a competitive-' you don't finish the thought, only out of tiredness and lack of a fitting word.

"yeah whatever" you mumble, not looking at him. you sigh and get up from the couch. another day, another struggle. you drag your feet after you as you make your way to the guest bedroom.

you hear Techno grunt behind you, displeased with your sad and dramatic performance. you let out a small smile, making sure to face away from Techno.

"well, I guess good night then," he says, uncomfortably scratching his neck. you shoot him a crooked smile.

"yeah, night Techno" you reply before closing the door. you quickly change into your pajamas and brush your teeth. you don't regret not taking with your recording materials. that would've been boring.

~~~

you yawn and turn to the other side. then your face is met by something solid and warm. what? you quickly wake up, shooting your eyes open. oh god. how did you get here? you look up to meet Techno's surprised eyes. shit. you must've woken him up.

"y/n..? what're you doing here" he seems confused. as he should be. what were you doing here? no, it couldn't be... you had been sleepwalking again. you groan.

"I'm a sleepwalker, I'm so sorry Techno" you quickly apologize, your face hot from embarrassment. your cheek was still on his chest. oh, Zeus. why weren't you walking away? what was wrong with you?

he smiles down at you. "don't be, it's fine" he puts his left arm around your back and fidgets with your hand on his chest with the left. you look at him for a bit, then relax and listen to his steady breathing. it is really relaxing. two things you aren't. you pinch your lips before shutting your eyes.

~~~

"y/n? wake up" you hear Techno say through the muffled silence filling your ears and brain.

"what?" you mumble, still half asleep. you're too tired to even think about how your voice sounds. you just wanna sleep. "five more minutes..." you continue and shift a bit to get more comfortable.

he huffs and you think you can sense a smile, although you're not sure. "sorry, but you've already slept for an extra 30 minutes" he says amused.

you blink your eyes open, rubbing the sleep out of them. "morning" you say, your voice laced with sleep. he chuckles.

"good morning to you too" he smiles again, and this time you can see it. you smile back before realizing how you must be looking. oh, Nyx. this was a catastrophe. you shoot up to a sitting position and Techno mimic your movement not a second later.

"what is it?" he asks, concerned. great, now he's worried for you. you glance over at him but immediately wish you hadn't. he looks so genuinely worried it's hurting your heart.