036: Women

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

it was late evening, and you were on the sofa in the gigantic living room, frantically chewing on your nails until your fingers started bleeding.

"hey... hey, y/n?" Niki says softly as she takes your hands in hers, removing them from your mouth. you wake from your trance, looking up into her kind and worried eyes with your own stressed ones. "are you alright?" she asks and gives you a halfhearted smile.

your eyes dart around the room, looking for something to land on, until they return to Niki's eyes, settling on looking at her. you were stressed, all you wanted was for Dream to come back from the airport with Techno. of course you wanted to come with, but everyone decided that Dream and Wilbur should go, Dream because no one recognized him, and Wilbur because he knew the way there better than anyone else since he lived the closest from the air bnb you were staying at.

"yeah" you lie after releasing a deep and loud sigh. "yeah, I'm fine, thanks Niki" you smile at her and she gives you a sad smile back, she wasn't at all buying your lies, but she didn't press you to answer honestly. you were quite grateful for that.

she stands up, still smiling, and squeezes your hands one last time before starting to back away. "I'm getting you some paper to clean up the blood, okay?" she says as she starts to turn around.

you nod at her and she smiles one last time before fully turning around and walking away, in the direction of what you recalled was the kitchen. the house was too big to be sure just yet.

as soon as she's gone you hear a high-pitched scream and see Tubbo running in the room, followed by an angry-looking Tommy, but he was smiling so it probably wasn't that serious.

"HELP ME Y/N!" Tubbo shrieks and hops onto the sofa to hide behind you. you blink a few times, too confused to process what's happening. "HE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!" he yells and you flinch at the loud sound just beside your ear.

"YEAH, BITCH!" Tommy yells and stares at Tubbo angrily. then he looks over at you with an 'i'm in the right and you should agree with me' kind of look on his face. "HE SAID I GET NO WOMEN!" his eyes are opened wide as if he can't believe what he's just said.

you knit your brows together and turn around to face Tubbo as Jack walks in the door behind Tommy, smiling. "Tubbo, did you say this?" you ask him with authority in your voice as Jack says; "sorry y/n, they've gone crazy".

"I, uh, yes." he looks at you nervously, as if he's expecting a scolding. you look at Tommy for a brief moment, your face serious and deep in thought, and he smiles victoriously, then you turn your gaze back to Tubbo.

you look at him for an additional couple of seconds, before breaking out in laughter. they all stare at you in either confusion or disbelief as Niki walks in, looking between everyone.

"what's happening?" she tilts her head with the tissues in hand.

you ignore her and speak to Tubbo. "good one Tubs" you grin and raise your hand for a high five. he looks at you in shock and awe before smacking his palm against yours. you can hear Tommy groan loudly and tell a few slurs in defeat. you also hear Jack laughing at Tommy's reaction before turning to Niki, who is reluctantly walking over to you with the tissues.

"thank you, Niki, I appreciate it" you smile at her and earn an offended look from Tommy.

"you're welcome" Niki smiles and sits down on the sofa. Tubbo is crawling out from behind you to sit beside you instead while Tommy is still looking at you.

"so you're nice to everyone but me?" he says and you turn to look at him. you take a deep breath, acting like you're thinking about it.

"hmm... yeah" you grin at him and his jaw drops in disbelief.

"WHAT THE FUCK? THAT'S SO UNFAIR!" he shouts and you laugh as Jack claps him on the back before sitting down on the sofa as well, laying back. "tough" he says to Tommy.

"you guys are shit friends," Tommy says before frowning.

"oh, Tommy, come on" Tubbo sighs and pats the spot beside him. "come sit with us. we can watch a movie?" his last words are more like a question than a statement, and he turns to you with a questioning look.

"yeah, we could do that until the people at the airport come back." you nod before turning to Niki. "you in?" you ask her and she nods at you, smiling.

"if anyone wants to know, I'll also watch a movie," Jack says and raises his right hand.

"no one asked you, bitch" Tommy says.

"Tommy!" Tubbo gasps and looks at the younger boy.

"Tommy. be nice," you say in your most monotone voice, even though he almost only listens to Wilbur.

"okay, whatever" he mumbles and your smile, satisfied with your small accomplishment.

~~~

you hear the door open as you're fighting over which character in the Marvel universe is better and the conversation immediately stops, except for Tommy who hasn't heard the door because he's shouting too loud.

"Tommy, shhh," Tubbo says and Tommy is about to protest when you speak up.

"Tommy, be quiet." you look at him and he shuts up. "if that's not the guys coming back, then I'm going to fucking kill someone" you state, and everyone stares at you.

"no! murder is bad," Tubbo says. of course, he'd say that.

"yes, murder pog" Tommy says. how are they best friends if they're so different? they're like polar opposites. you shake it off.

"it's pog as long as it's legal, and it's not, so not pog Tommy," you tell the boy and stand up. "I'm going to greet them, anyone coming with?" you ask as you start walking towards the sound of deep male voices.

"wait for me," Niki says and jogs up to you. you stop for a second to wait for her, giving her a smile over the shoulder.

"anyone else?" you ask as you reach the doorway. they all shake their heads no and you shrug. "your loss"

you come into the hall and are immediately met by three rather tall men. much taller than Niki and yourself (idc what your height is, you're now about as short as Niki, either shorter, the same or taller. idc, you're still short). you look up at the still very unfamiliar eyes of Dream before looking behind him, meeting Techno's gaze.

"Techno!" you beam and walk past Dream, hugging Technos torso, just like the first time you met. you grin when you realize he's frozen, just like the first time. then he hugs you back.

"should we not be here right now?" Wilbur asks, making Dream wheeze.

"Will!" Niki scolds him, staring at him but he's unfazed by her gaze as he just smirks.

"you're idiots," you say as you let go of Techno.

"yeah, but at least we're not idiots in love" Wilbur jokes and you groan, but when you look at Techno his cheeks are light pink in color. his eyes are still locked at yours and you bite your bottom lip smiling before looking away.

"come, let me show you your room." you tell him as you grab his hand, leading him upstairs. "it's really nice." you turn your head to smile at him and catch him staring at you, shocked. you quickly look away and keep walking, hearing Dream being sent into another fit of wheezes. 'probably Wilbur again' you eyeroll. at least you had Techno now.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙