037: Group arrangements

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"I think your room is this way," you tell him, thinking about it and stopping for a second before walking down the small corridor on the third floor. "I think you have it for yourself for now, but i recall something about some people having to share." you look back at him and see that he's not even listening. instead, he's staring at you with an unreadable expression.

"what?" you furrow your brows at him. "do you not want to share with someone?" you ask him. 'maybe he doesn't like other people and shit.' your brain suggests. 'or maybe you're being too clingy.' another voice chimes in. what?

"nah, that's fine." he smiles and you nod and keep walking until you stop to open the door. "well, I'll leave so you can... do whatever, I don't know" you shrug and feel the awkwardness creeping up on you. you start backing away and he nods.

"bye," he says, nodding his head. you give him a smile through pressed together lips and make your way downstairs. you walk back to the living room and see that Wilbur took your place on the couch and that Dream is gone again. you take a wild guess that he's with Sapnap and George somewhere, how surprising that would be. you mentally roll your eyes and smile a bit.

then you focus your eyes back on the people on the couch. "Will, you stole my spot. move over." since when we're you this confident? no one knew.

he laughs and scoots a bit to the side so you fit between him and Tommy.

"thank you." you nod at him and sit down. "so what are we watching?" you ask looking from the screen towards Wilbur.

"thor." he simply says and looks you dead in the eyes before smiling and turning back towards the screen.

"oh, nice," you reply and relax back on the couch, enjoying the movie. techno doesn't appear for another hour or so, when the movie is over and everyone is speaking, not paying any attention to the credits. no one but you, who's listening to the music in the background, which is why you're the first one to notice techno, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

you smile at him and raise your brows. "come." you tell him with a small nod. this makes most people turn to look at the new figure, who most of them have actually never seen before.

"ayup." Jack greets him with an upwards nod. "Techno, right?" he asks.

"yeah, that's me," Techno says in his usual monotone voice, walking over to your place on the sofa, though he realizes midway that you're squished in between Wilbur and Tommy. he instead goes over to sit in the large gap that has been created on the couch between where Jack is laying and Tubbo is sitting.

then Dream walks in, alone. "we were thinking of going out to eat, but going in smaller groups in case we get recognized and one of us faceless" he gives Techno a look. "people get exposed and figured out."

everyone nods at this, his statement made sense. "wait, so I can't go with Techno then?" Tommy asks. Dream shakes his head no. "that's such bullshit!"

"Tommy," Wilbur warns him.

"sorry." Tommy mutters and doesn't look at Dream. "so what would the groups be then?"

"don't know yet, we thought everyone would get the chance to help decide that." Dream says.

"well, I'm fine with whatever." Niki says softly. "me too." you add quickly, feeling Technos gaze on you. you don't acknowledge it though, you just continue looking at Dream in the doorway as he looks around at everyone.

"okay, I'm getting George and Sapnap, then we can decide," he says and turns around, not waiting for an answer. as soon as he's gone you remember that you never asked when Fundy is coming.