015: Rivalry

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you weren't entirely sure what was going down at Minx and Karls date, but you took your phone, suddenly remembering your messages with Technoblade. he hasn't answered your last text yet and you honestly can't blame him. you wonder if texting him again is a good idea or not...

Technothepig

hey

hallo

shit, he answered right away. what to do, what to do... fuck it. time to get out of the comfort zone.

what are you doin'?

oh, I'm still watching the loh

gotta support the bros y'know

ah, I see. how's the date coming along?

what date?

Minx and Karls

ah, that one

i suppose it's going fine. a little awkward from his side but what do I know?

oh

oh. oh? OH? what kind of shit answer is that? why do you have to be so damn stupid. that is no way to carry a conversation y/n. you sigh at your own stupidity and look up at your ceiling before looking back down at your phone.

yeah.
so how do you feel about possibly winning?

uhm, nervous? idk I didn't plan on coming this far

eh, you'll be fine

thank you?

you felt conflicted. what exactly did he mean by that? 'you'll be fine' as in, you'll win, or 'you'll be fine' as in, you'll get over losing to Minx. you weren't sure, but you had no more time to debate with your many personalities as Karl and Minx's one-on-one was coming to its end.

shutting your phone down and looking up at your screen you notice that there is still one minute left of their 'date', so you relax back in your green and black chair, analyzing the night's events. you've made plenty of new friends, and you've actually had fun. plus, this will probably boost your follower count. a satisfied smile creeps onto your face as you think of this positive consequence.

you snap back to reality when you hear Austin's voice though. "that's it for the date, sorry to interrupt you mid-sentence Minx but-" he gets cut off by Minx.

"yeah, you better be fucking sorry, I was saying something important", she says, seemingly annoyed and offended by his actions.

"well, again, I'm sorry, but y/n. it's your turn to have some quality time with the man of the evening, Karl Jacobs!", he proceeds his speech cheerfully. you smile into the camera, shy but bright. alone time with any person at all frightens you on so many levels, so alone time with Karl? only the gods know how this one will turn out. you just hope for it to go by smoothly.

you get in a separate zoom, and you see Karl smiling at you, trying to ease the growing awkwardness. you blush at this, embarrassed that you're so hopeless at carrying a conversation that someone like Karl notices it. you try to compromise for your dullness by taking action.

"well, tell me about something you like that I don't know about", you start off, not wanting to seem weird. the first question to come to your mind actually included the word 'arson', so that was probably a good call. to your great relief, he starts blabbering.