056: Home again

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"I guess this is it huh?" you chuckle. "I'll miss you guys."

you're at the airport, suitcase in hand, tears threatening to spill over and run down your cheeks, a bunch of friends at your side and one in a hospital. you glance at Tommy. silent tears drip from his cheeks and onto his blue jacket.

you smile and walk over to hug him. "it's okay Toms, I'll call you as soon as I get home, okay?" your words are muffled by his blond curls.

"first Tubbo gets hurt and now you're leaving me" he whines and it feels like someone stabs you through the heart.

"no! no, Tommy you have Wilbur and Jack and Niki" you grab his shoulders and lean back to look him in the eyes. he won't make eye contact though, his eyes are glued to the ground. "you'll be okay," you say it as a fact.

"no I won't," he mumbles, but it's not with much confidence.

"yes. you. will." you stare at him. "I have to say goodbye to everyone else, but take care of yourself. alright?" you attempt a smile.

he looks up at you and his eyes are still filled with tears. he nods with pinched lips. you give him a single nod back before letting go and walking over to everyone else that are left.

"Karl," you say and hug him. "it was great seeing you."

"it was awesome meeting you too!" he says cheerfully and hugs back. his hugs are some of the best you've ever had.

you let go and look at the person next to him. "Purpled. you stupid little shit" you laugh and open your arms for a hug. he walks into the hug. "I'll have you know, I'm actually very smart. yes, yes, I'm pretty intelligent." he uses that old accent that makes you laugh.

"okay old man," you chuckle and let go.

"you know what, I prefer neither of those. you can furthermore address me as 'the best bedwars player ever' thank you very much," he say confidently. you snort and shake your head before moving on.

"goodbye Y/n," Wilbur smiles. you smile back at him.

"I'll talk to you when I get home, you know that right?" you shake your head.

"yeah, I do," he says and you roll your eyes, still smiling. then you move on to Niki.

you smile turns sad and you tilt you head. "Niki," you click your tongue and open your arms for an embrace. lots of hugs today.

"I'll miss you," she speaks into the crane of your neck and her breath warms your skin and you unwillingly shiver.

"I'll miss you too Niki," you force back the tears that are starting to form at the corners of your eyes. "we have to see each other again soon."

"of course" she steps back and smiles brightly.

everyone else have already gone home, except for Techno. you decided to take the same flight so he'll spend a few days with you. you're just praying to the gods that your mom won't be too embarrassing.

you take a deep breath and turn around to face Techno. "let's go, shall we?" you smile through the pain of leaving everyone. you'll miss Britain. Techno nods and you start walking. you turn around one last time to wave, but the only one still watching is Tommy. you wave him goodbye and he looks at you, but walks away without waving back.