052: Kisses

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"shhh, I think they're still asleep," a voice hushes.

"they look really... comfortable," another voice says awkwardly.

"oh shut up George, they look cute together. can't you see how they're cuddling up with each other?" the first voice goes.

your brain slowly starts to register everything around you. touch, noises, smells... wait, touch? you shift a bit, unnoticeable to the two men in the room, even to the man beside you due to his state of sleep, but you know. you've somehow moved closer to Dream during the night, and he now has his arms looped around your chest. you're also extremely aware of his breath against your neck.

and from what you're hearing, Wilbur and George are conspiring about it. oh, gods, this is exactly what you didn't want. for people to think that you like each other. well, he probably does, but you don't.

"hmm I don't think so," George says numbly. maybe not numbly, but that's just how he sounds fifty percent of the time.

"what does that even mean?! that's not even a valid answer to my question!" Wilbur exclaims. "look at them! look how cute they are!" he pauses. "although I thought Y/n liked Techno..." he wonders aloud.

"yeah," George agrees with zero enthusiasm. maybe it's time to 'wake up' now.

you yawn and stretch, carefully removing Dreams' arms from your body. you shift around for a bit, pretending to not be fully awake yet.

"shit, I think they're awake" Wilbur hisses in panic.

"okay, so?" George doesn't seem to get the point of Wilburs panicking. honestly, you don't either. panicking has never helped anyone.

"pretend that we're just talking, I just woke you up, we haven't even seen them yet. okay?" Wilbur quickly puts together a lie for George to follow.

"why?" George is still dumbfounded, not catching on at all. you pretend to wake up faster, just to mess with Wilbur.

"shit, she's up, hurry" he whispers loudly, and you can hear their footsteps hurrying over to the bed on the other side of the room.

you slowly sit up, rubbing your eyes. you stretch again and look around the room, pretending to be surprised when you see the two of them sitting on George's bed.

"oh, hello" you greet them with a surprised smile.

"oh, hi Y/n. I didn't know you were here" Wilbur also pretends to be surprised. 'this is so dumb' 'almost as dumb as you' the one with Technos voice shoots back and the sound of his voice in your head makes you flinch. why do you feel like you're cheating when you're not even a thing?

"yeah, I stayed with Dream tonight, he had trouble falling asleep" you lie convincingly while the morning sun almost blinds your eyes.

"I think we all had" Wilbur immediately darkens the mood and both you and George knows what he's talking about.

"have you heard anything from the hospital?" you ask him, your words laced with worry.

"Phil called and said he's got two broken ribs, but he's fine other than that" he tries to smile but it looks almost physically painful.

"that's good, isn't it?" George asks and you nod to agree with the question while you both look expectingly at Wilbur.

"yeah, but he won't be coming back until everyone has planned to leave, so the last time some of us will see him for this trip is in the hospital" Wilbur's words send daggers through your chest. no more Tubbo in the house? that probably means no more Tommy if he has something to say about it. and that means no childish shenanigans.