035: Panic attack

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

you have been on the plane for, what felt like days, but actually is just eleven of the twelve hours it took for the flight to reach its destination. you stretch in your seat, hearing your spine crack and grimace at the sound. maybe you've been sitting completely still for too long. but at the same time, you're used to it from your eight-hour streams.

you're so deep in though you don't notice the guy looking at you, trying to catch your attention from the seat across the gangway. you look up and catch his gaze, his icy blue eyes staring deep inside your soul. you unconditionally shiver and look away, staring at the seat in front of you.

you can see him pull a disappointed face in the corner of your eye, but you ignore it and pull out the book you intended on reading while on the plane. you fell asleep halfway through it so that didn't really happen. but at least you'll have something to do if you can't sleep now.

you are realizing how the time difference is going to fuck up your sleep schedule. you'll have the urge to sleep when it's daytime now. you groan. this is going to be a long few first days. and when you get home again, oh Zeus. is this a mistake from your side? no, you are going to see your friends. it is all worth it. yeah...

~timeskip to an hour later~

you're startled by the calm female voice telling the passengers to get ready for landing, instructing everyone to put away their things and put on their seatbelts. you do so and take a deep breath. this is the scary part, landing. because this means that you're officially in the UK and about to meet everyone. okay, not everyone everyone, but a lot of people you've never met before in your life. it is kind of scary.

as soon as the plane lands, people clap at the captain for successfully flying them across the sea, and you join in. he then talks for a bit as people start leaving the plane. you slowly but surely get all of your things and tidy up your seat, standing up, only to be met by the boy who stared at you about an hour ago. you mentally groan. 'not him and not now'. you actually have no idea what you have against the guy, you just don't like him. it's just the way he stared at you before that makes you want to yeet him off a cliff.

you try to lose him in the crowd as you make your way off the plane and you do, but you feel his eyes in your neck. you cringe and quickly walk away, scanning the crowd for Tommys tall figure. honestly, you could also look for Wilburs, but you instinctively look for Tommy instead. you still have the feeling of someone watching you, and you sigh relieved once you finally meet Tommy's blue gaze. he waves and you shake your head at him but wave back nonetheless.

you quickly look over your shoulder as you walk over to the boy, seeing the guy from the plane squint his eyes at Tommy before looking away. you let out a thankful breath and walk up to said British boy.

"ayyy, what's up big y/i (your initial)?" he says loudly, earning a couple of weird looks from bypassing people. you smile at him, pressing your lips together.

"hello Tommy." you turn to look who's with him. "hi Wilbur, hi Toby" you greet them.

"hello" Wilbur offers you his hand and you take it, laughing. "please tell me if Tommy does anything stupid" he adds on as you shake hands.

you smile and nod. "WHAT THE FUCK?! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?" Tommy baby rages but you ignore him, turning to face Tubbo instead. he's a bit shorter than you thought.

"hi y/n. what's up?" he hugs you and you block out Wilbur and Tommys arguing for a moment. "I'm good, how about you?" you try to be polite.

"I'm good, I'm good," he says, letting go of you.

"sounds good." you smile one more time before turning to the other two boys. "um, are we waiting for someone else, or can I go pick up my luggage?" you awkwardly ask. all this human interaction was starting to get to you, and not in a good way. this is why you stayed inside most of your living time.

"we're waiting for Dream and Sapnap, their flight is supposed to land just fifteen minutes after yours did, but I'm pretty sure that you have time to get it before they get here." Wilbur kindly informs you.

"oh, ok" you say and start walking away. "guess I'll see you in a second then." you turn around and keep walking until someone speaks up.

"do you want some company there?" Tommy asks and you look back to see Wilbur looking at the boy with a shocked expression. is Tommy being genuinely nice? where did this come from? you shake it off and answer him.

"yeah, sure." he nods with a serious expression and walks up to you quite easily with his long legs. you walk in silence for a bit, and you repeatedly open your mouth to say something but don't know what to say.

"sooo..." you start off.

"hm?" he turns his head at you.

"when are the others getting here? apart from Dream and Sapnap," you ask him, hoping he has as much knowledge on the question as Wilbur, but also hoping he isn't clever enough to figure out the reason behind your question. you just want to know when Techno's getting here, you needed someone you already had met to feel... you don't know, at home? it is weird, but that's the honest answer.

"uhm, well Purpled said he's coming tomorrow, as well as Karl, Skeppy and Badboyhalo," he thinks a bit before continuing. "Techno is arriving later tonight, Niki is already in the car, she didn't want to go in here with us, and Jack is coming later as well. Fundy... I don't know, we'll have to ask Wilbur," he shrugs.

"oh, okay then" you breathe out.

"did you know that you sound funny?" he suddenly asks.

"what?" you turn to him, stopping in your tracks. "what do you mean?" you give him an offended look.

"no, no I mean.." he laughs and continues. "I mean your accent. it's american" he scrunches his nose as if it smelled bad. this kid's humor was at the bottom of the rankings. you sigh.

"yeah, whatever child. let's go get my luggage already," you say, walking away from him.

~~~

"they're not here yet, huh?" you state the obvious as you stand beside Wilbur, Tommy walking over to Tubbo.

"no, they're not." Wilbur agrees and doesn't even turn to look at you. you nod anyway and just stand there beside him, quite awkwardly as you wait for the two males to show up.

once they do though, all of Tartarus breaks loose. Tommy immediately starts screaming obscenities, Wilbur scolding him, Tubbo acting like nothing is happening, greeting the newcomers. during this you're just stood there, rooted to the ground. you were on the verge of tears because of the panic attack suddenly hitting you, the fact of you being with such a large amount of people at the same time suddenly hitting you like a fist in the stomach.

no one notices your panic though, as they're all too busy with something, until Sapnap looks over at you, ready to say hi before noticing your lack of focus on reality and your shaking, but stiff, figure.

"uh, guys..." you think he sounds alarmed, but you're not sure as all sounds are muffled right now. the usual background noise from other people at the airport disappears like a leaf in the wind. "I don't think y/n is doing too good right now.."

you're not entirely sure, because everything you see is just blurred lines, but you think everyone is staring at you. then Toby walks in front of you, waving his hand right in front of your eyes. "hey, hey y/n?" he asks, trying to break your trance. "you alright?"

you take a few unstable breaths before making them go back to normal, forcing back your tears. how you wish Techno was here right now.

"yeah, I'm fine. just... lots of people" you try smiling at the boy before you.

"aw, that's unfortunate. maybe it'll be better once we're at the house" he shoots you a more genuine smile back. yeah... maybe it would. or it would be worse because there were more people waiting to get there.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙