08 | BIRTHDAY BOYS

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter eight — birthday boys

♡━━━━━♡

    "YOU KNOW SIRIUS'S BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP, RIGHT?" James questioned Lyra, as the two of them walked back from Quidditch practice.

"Of course I know that!" Lyra exclaimed, looking offended. "I could never forget his birthday!"

"Pretty sure you forgot it last year."

"I — did not!" Lyra protested.

James simply raised his eyebrow.

"Okay so maybe I slightly forgot the right day . . . or month . . . but I remember now!"

"Sure whatever," James said. "Anyway, we thought it would be cool to throw him a big ass party in the Gryffindor common room."

"That's great!"

"I want you to organize it while the boys and I distract him," James continued. "We'll try to make sure word doesn't get to Sirius."

"But —"

"Thanks, Ly, I knew I could count on you," James said, grinning as he gave her a short hug before running up the stairs towards Gryffindor.

"James Fleamont Potter!" Lyra exclaimed, running after him. "Don't run away from me!"

He just laughed.

Lyra managed to catch up with him and jumped onto him, causing them both to fall to the floor. She laughed as she climbed onto him and started to punch him in a playful kind of manner. James laughed, too, as he tried to stop her.

In many ways it reminded Lyra of her childhood.

"Okay I surrender!" James said and she scrambled up, extending a hand for him to take it. "Fine, I'll ask Evans to ask if she wants to help you."

"You know she won't," Lyra said, rolling her eyes as she pulled him up. "Besides, I think she'd appreciate it if you'd call her Lily."

James swung his arm around her neck as the two of them made their way to the Gryffindor common room. "You think?"

"Jamie, I know."

"I'll try to keep it in mind."

"You better if you ever want to have a chance with her."

"That's why I have you as my wingwoman!" James exclaimed, ruffling her hair. "To advise me how I should handle Lily."

"That's the only reason I'm your wingwoman?" Lyra questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"No it's also because you're my twin and I'm suppose to love you."

Lyra was glaring at him when the climbed through the portrait hole.

"I'm kidding, Ly, I do love you very much," James grinned.

"That's better."

Lyra climbed the stairs to the common room and opened the door. Lily was — as usual — reading a book. Alice was working on their Transfiguration homework while Marlene was taking a nap.

"Hey," Lily said, looking up and giving her a smile. "How was practice?"

"Pretty good," Lyra said, placing her broom on her trunk. "But James asked me if I could organize the birthday party we're throwing for Sirius' seventeenth birthday. I expect you all to be there," she added, gazing at them.