03 | TRYOUTS

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter three — tryouts

♡━━━━━♡

FRIDAY CAME QUICKLY AND LYRA WAS READYING HERSELF FOR QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS.

"Are you coming to watch?" she asked Lily, who was reading a book on her bed.

"Of course!" the redhead exclaimed, placing her book on her bedside table and standing up. "Even if I have to face your brother for it."

"Yes!" Lyra squealed, giving her friend a sideways hug. "Now I'll get the spot for sure!"

Lily rolled her eyes as Lyra took her broom and the two of them made their way out of their dorm, down the stairs and through the portrait of the Fat Lady.

As they arrived at the Quidditch Pitch, Lily gave her a quick hug and a good luck before joining Sirius in the stands who gave her a thumbs up. Lyra smiled warmly at them before marching confidently towards her brother, who was surrounded by a dozen of other candidates.

"Look who I brought with me," she whispered in his ear and he followed her gaze toward the stand Lily was sitting. "But I swear I'm not buying myself into the team," she added, giving him a wink.

James' eyes widened. "You brought Evans?"

"Yes, she's here to cheer on me, so don't disappoint her, brother-dear," Lyra replied, grinning.

James threw her a glare before making groups.

"Okay folks, those who want to try out for Chaser can stand with Gideon," he began, pointing at the redhead seventh year. "Now, those who want to try out for Keeper can stand with Fabian and finally those who want to try out for Seeker can come with me."

Lyra, who already stood with him, was joined by a fifth-year and a seventh-year.

"I'll release the Snitch and the one who gets best out of five gets the spot," James told them.

Lyra and the others nodded, mounting their brooms. James released the Snitch and it had begun.

Lyra couldn't have done better. She had caught the Snitch every time and was now sitting down next to Lily and Sirius.

"You did great!" The redhead exclaimed. "You got the spot, didn't you?"

"I did," Lyra grinned.

Sirius clasped her shoulder, a proud smile playing on his lips. "Nice one, mate."

A warm smile spread on her face as she gazed at the black haired boy. Even though they had met only a year ago, they hit it off immediately and Lyra was glad to call him her friend.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

     "I LOVE DINNER," Lyra told Lily as she filled her plate for a second time, making the redhead roll her eyes.

"Me too," Peter piped in, making the dark haired grin.

"See? I'm not the only one." Lyra's eyes darted over the table. "I wonder if they have chocolate as desert."

"Over there," Remus replied, his eyes spotting a bowl of chocolate bars at the end of the table.

"On it," Lyra said, knowing that he was even more addicted to chocolate than she was. The dark haired girl stood up and made her way towards the end of the table, snatched the bowl from its place and made her way back towards her friends.