01 | EXPELLED

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter one — expelled

♡━━━━━♡

     LYRA EUPHEMIA POTTER HAD SUCCEEDED HER EXPECTATIONS. After five years and three days, she had finally reached the end of Madame Maxime's patience after performing the best prank of her life. The Headmistress had finally expelled her from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

To be fair, none of this was her fault.

On the day she and her twin brother James turned eleven, the two of them got their Hogwarts letter. However, their parents deemed it more appropriate for her to go to Beauxbatons Academy of Magic—hoping they would drill some manners into Lyra.

How wrong they had been.

And so, Lyra had tried everything. Nothing worked so Lyra thought of the only thing that would for sure get her a ticket into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: expulsion.

The dark haired girl skipped the last step of the stairs and made her way to the dormitory she shared with Aubrey and Charlotte. She paused as she had her hand on the doorknob to the dormitory.

Aubrey and Charlotte.

The three of them had been best friends every since first year when Lyra had accidentally lit Charlotte's hair on fire.

Her heart ached upon realizing that she wouldn't be able to see them every day. However, they knew how much it meant for Lyra to go to Hogwarts. They would understand.

And so, Lyra opened the door.

"How did it go?"

"You didn't get expelled, did you?"

Charlotte and Aubrey, who had been sitting on their beds, jumped up when Lyra entered. Both of them were looking at her in anticipation.

"It worked," Lyra said, smiling slightly. "I am no longer a student at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic."

A silence filled their dormitory as Charlotte and Aubrey stared at her. Lyra grimaced and started to pack her trunk—not quite sure what to say.

"You're not kidding," Charlotte stated, surprise clear in her voice. "You actually managed it this time."

"I mean, you can't blame Madame Maxime," Aubrey said, and the three of them thought back on their eventful dinner with the rest of the students, the staff and the Headmistress.

"I wish I could bring you with me," Lyra said sadly, as she turned to face her friends. "Thanks for everything, guys, if it weren't for you, I would have left this place ages ago."

Aubrey stood up and threw her arms around Lyra's neck. "I'm going to miss you."

Lyra hugged her tightly back. "I'm going to miss you, too."

"Try not to forget us," Charlotte grinned, joining the groups hug. "And for the love of Merlin, if you meet a cute guy, please go for it."

Lyra grinned. "I'll try not to forget that."

─•~❉᯽❉~•─